Protecting yourself from domestic violence when your immigration status is uncertain

If you have insecure immigration status, you are still entitled to protection from domestic violence, just like anyone else in the UK. Your abuser will also be subject to the same sanctions as anyone else, whatever his or her immigration status. You can contact the police, or a domestic violence helpline. You can find details in the "where to get further help" section.

Frequently asked questions

I want to leave my partner who is abusing me but I don't know if I will be able to stay in the UK because of my immigration status. What help can I get?

My partner has told me he will report me to the immigration authorities if I tell anyone about the domestic violence

I am scared to speak to a social worker because I don't have the right to be in this country

View other FAQs on domestic violence