Family Rights Group is a leading authority on family group conference and is at the forefront of developing and promoting high standards in the way that family group conferences are used.
This section sets out:
- Key principles and good practice guides on the use of family group conferences, including how to set up a family group conference service, and a guide for courts on the use of family group conferences for children who are, or may be subject to, subject to care proceedings.
- Information about an accreditation scheme for family group conference services which was successfully trialed with 15 local FGC services. The scheme is now nation wide. FGC services are invited to submit expressions of interest if they wish to become accredited. The original development work was funded by the Department for Education and led by Family Rights Group and FGCs services in England and Wales.
- Guidance for evidencing how your project meets the requirements of the regulatory framework.
- Details about a three day FGC training course for new FGC co-ordinators.
- Setting Standards in FGC practice - A peer led framework for the accreditation of FGC services in England.