One of the many benefits of being a member of the national Family Group Conference Network is that you can advertise any jobs/vacancies which are coming up in your family group conference service.
Family Group Conference Co-ordinators (North Somerset)
C.£12-£14 per hour depending on experience
Ad-hoc based on the needs of the service
Must drive and have access to a car
Closing date: Ongoing
They are looking for passionate people to co-ordinate Family Group Conferences (FGC) in North Somerset.
They are a small team and positive relationships are valued. Therefore, it is essential that the post holder is able to work effectively with others with a flexible and adaptable approach – always demonstrating their commitment to working to the highest possible standards whilst remaining at all times child centred.
Community Foster Care is a small children’s charity operating as an Independent Fostering Agency, as well as providing other children’s services. They are passionately committed to our values and to enabling children and young people to thrive, be ambitious and to dream. Working for Community Foster Care means you are too.
The post holder will be home-based with access to Local Authority offices in Worle.
You will work with a small team of sessional FGC co-ordinators and be managed by the Family Group Conference Project Coordinator. A driving licence and access to a car is essential.
Applicants must demonstrate:
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation and communication skills
- A sound grasp of the principles and practice of Family Group Conferences
- A comprehensive working knowledge of relevant Legislation
In working for Community Foster Care you will:
- Become an integral part of the Community Foster Care Charity Community.
- Work for a Charity driven by its beliefs and values, which reinvests any surplus back into work with Children and Young People.
- A working culture that promotes innovation and creativity.
- A competitive pension scheme with matched employer contributions up to 5%.
- A flexible working culture, that enables children’s needs to be met, but also provides you flexibility that you need for modern living.
- A Charity that has available a range of diverse professional interventions to enable children to recover from trauma and live within loving stable families. Our resources include a clinical therapist and placement and family support workers.
- A Charity with a firm commitment to anti oppressive practice, underpinned by an understanding and promotion of equality and diversity.
- Commitment to personal development.
- Excellent Terms and Conditions including a car allowance.