FAQs on Pregnancy

I have had previous children removed by Children's Services. What can I do to stop them taking my baby when they are born?

In this situation, it is very common to be worried that your new baby could be removed (even if your circumstances have changed) and to avoid contact with professionals until some way into the pregnancy. But this is not a good idea - in fact it is likely to make things much worse for you.

The social worker is very likely to visit you and assess whether they think you can look after your baby. In some case if they are worried your baby may be at risk, they might arrange a child protection conference with other professionals.

Read here for ideas on what you can do in these circumstances.

Click here for more FAQs on domestic violence.

Contact Us

The Print House, 18 Ashwin Street
London E8 3DL

For advice, please contact:
0808 801 0366
(from 9:30am to 3pm Mon-Fri)

For administrative queries,
please contact: