FAQs on Getting help early

I have been contacted by a social worker because they are concerned about how the domestic violence is affecting my child. What can I do?

You may be contacted by a social worker who has received information from someone else who is concerned about domestic violence and your family. If this happens, it is important to ask the social worker if they are contacting you because they think your child needs support (they may be a child in need) or because they are concerned your child may be at risk of significant harm due to the domestic violence.

If your child's family situation is assessed and a decision made by the social worker that your child is not at serious risk but does need extra support and social work help, then a child in need plan should be drawn up with you.

Click here for more FAQs on domestic violence.

Contact Us

The Print House, 18 Ashwin Street
London E8 3DL

For advice, please contact:
0808 801 0366
(from 9:30am to 3pm Mon-Fri)

For administrative queries,
please contact: