Other support

If you have a Residence Order the social worker could set up support services if they assess the child’s needs and decide they are a child in need. A child is in need if they are disabled, or falling behind what they should be doing for their age. The social worker should work out what sort of help they will give to meet the child needs.

If you have a Special Guardianship Order the social worker can also arrange support services but again they do not always have to:

If the child was ‘looked after’ before you got the order, the social worker has to work out what sort of help you need, if you ask them to. However, they don’t always have to give you that help after they’ve worked it out.