How to challenge decisions

If you think that the child you are raising ought to be looked after but the social worker doesn’t agree, you could try to persuade them. You could begin by bringing it up with the social worker, or their manager. If they don’t accept your argument, and you don’t accept theirs, then you could make a formal complaint.