Payment of foster care allowances

As a foster carer, the child’s social worker should arrange for you to receive a weekly fostering payment. This should be paid at the same rate that Children’s Services pays all its other foster carers. If other foster carers can get a bigger allowance because of their skills, or because of the child’s difficulties, then you should be able to get a bigger allowance for the same reasons. You can discuss this with the social worker.