Getting other support from Children's Services

You should have your own social worker who will support you. This social worker would be your fostering linkworker. This person is separate from the child’s social worker.

The child’s social worker and your linkworker should visit you regularly.

You should be offered training, advice, information, and support, including support outside office hours. Your linkworker should give you a copy of the child’s care plan, and any other information that would help you give the right sort of care to the child. The linkworker should make sure you are getting the right help with the child’s health and educational needs.