Where a child lives while they are looked after is called a placement. If the child you are raising was placed with you by a social worker and the social worker says that the child is looked after, then you are that child’s foster carer. You may want to find out about Being assessed as a foster carer https://www.frg.org.uk/f-2-1-payment-of-foster-care-allowances Getting other support from Children's Services What you will be expected to do as a foster carer What decisions you can make about the child’s care Child’s contact with parents and others Back