can you trust social services

worriedmumtoo

Re: can you trust social services

Post by worriedmumtoo » Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:13 pm

hi
I am "known" to SS for over a decade and have won compensation over their behaviour, have you looked into the possibility of getting the information the SW has compiled via a freedom of information request ? SW's are vastly over- worked but they could email you or leave a message. Failing that as a last resort I suppose you could look at an official complaint.
It seems that it is unacceptable not to not know what is being written about your child or even challenge what you can prove is wrong. I have worked alongside Social workers in a CS dept in my previous job some good and some not so much, and as a client I have met a few kind ones but some absolute horrors, I can absolutely believe that they side with certain people and naively or gullibly believe everything they are told, despite evidence to the contrary, especially if it fits with their narrative. If you would like I can help to format a report from your perspective it might not be accepted in Court but could allow you to focus your thoughts. By the way I am offering to help as I have been through a lot with CS and feel that I could possibly be able to help from from the perspective of someone with sadly a lot of experience. They recently withheld a report about my family and tried to exclude it from an Appeals Panel Hearing and I forced them to release it through FOI and I found out that there are obviously lies on my file not least that I have been mentally ill for 17 years . this on the basis of a malicious and discredited anonymous referral from an ex bestfriend with a grudge. There is not one jot of medical evidence to support it at all.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:50 pm

lostbear2012 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:00 pm so i had my 3rd court hearing yesterday and been very upset since. My ex completely lied in court about me through his solicitor. Making me out to be an awful parent. And now he is trying to stop my contact with the children all together but my solicitor is not standing for that thank god and said its not my fault the children are saying they want to return home but yet again social services are twisting things around saying i am the one brainwashing them and that my ex who is violent is such a wonderful parent and social deem it fine that he has a criminal history and only has a two bed house so over crowding of his property. Its an absolute fast. I have proof she lied about my sons school saying he has said he wants to remain at his fathers as the headteacher said no such thing and sent me an email to confirm this and that my son is booked into nurture sessions to help him in this difficult time as he is hurting himself so if this is a child that is happy and flourishing at school according to social services then i would hate to see what a child in need looks like they must be a mess bless them. She is insisting that i am wrong and that the children dont want me in their lives and they only want their father and his partner. I only get three hrs a week with my children and social are now trying to stop that im very upset about this and my solicitor isnt really helping she says that because he has the children then its hard to get them back and that his police record done by cafcass wont be used and dont matter is this really the case? Concidering mine and my husbands ones are totally clean. Also my solicitor said that a judge will listen to the children even my 7yr olds views and it holds so much weight but surley he is too young and is most likely confused and upset so is probably saying to each parent that he wants to live with them. I am fuming as this seems to be all a set up so that my narcissist, abusive horrible ex can get what he wants he clearly has fooled the social worker and is now fooling the courts. I feel like i have lost hope and dont really know where to turn. Also i recieve legal aid so would this make a difference? And my ex keeps banging on about my benefits so obviously this is what he is after not the children he owes me 2 1/2 yrs of csa money and has hand written to them saying he has nothing and is signing on jobseekers in april this year. Yet he told social services that he has a construction buisness and is comfortable fanancially tgis is in her report. Why wont anyone listen to me its a bit of a joke now???
Dear Lostbear2012

Thank you for your update.

I am sorry to read that your situation remains difficult and the father of your children has been dishonest about your parenting in court. It is good to read that your solicitor will challenge any statements that the father of your children have given to the courts. Additionally throughout the process you will be able to express your views on the reports that the social worker presents, I am sure that your solicitor has advised you about this.

It may be useful for you to look again at the post we sent to you in late February. I hope that your view will be heard.

Best wishes

Suzie

MrsD

Post by MrsD » Mon May 06, 2019 8:00 pm

I sought help to get my 15 year old back into education after he got a brutal beating at school & became a ‘school refuser’, fast forward 10 months out of education, I married the loveliest kindest man 8 those low life unlawfully behind my back & my children’s backs called a child protection conference.... I never, ever got to view any assessments, like a lamb to a slaughter infront of 8 multi agency so called professionals placed my 15 year old & then my former happy confident 8 year old that was just going along with life on child protection from ‘ emotional abuse’ appalling lies allegations that my quiet hard working husband was threatening to harm him with physical abuse??? Where did they get their information from, the group ganged up like bullies demoralised me infront of the conference & placed my lovely boys on child protection, my 8 year olds head teacher has revelled in the excitement from her church school contributing to making up instances of non existent difficulties & given my young boy some one to one counselling to find sonething, somewhere..... fast forward 6 months social worker has agreed there was no abuse occurred but because I’ve used the complaints procedure ( I’m st level 3 damaged my children no end). I’ve been treated like absolute trash, the core groups I’m not even invited to or know when they’re occurring .... the dads don’t get any communication either!!! My husband is scared of further allegation & backing off, I’m a medical professional & honestly using the complaints procedure has caused so much trauma & so much discrimination I’m not even spoken to anymore... it’s disgusting! Thus needs to be highlighted on the media! Guess who was the former social worker director, whom now works alongside my area in a consultation ... yep social worker for both baby P & Victoria Columbia... still practicing her nasty, vile poor practice god help us!!!!!

QuestionMark

Post by QuestionMark » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:16 am

Not at all. I'll give a small example; the guardian from Cafcass told the judge that she had been to all the monthly review meetings and this ended up in the judgement. Two issues with this; 1) I don't recall her saying this on the witness stand, so did she communicate with the judge after the hearing ended? and 2) She has never attended a single review meeting and therefore she lied. My barrister raised this issue to get this corrected, but it was ignored because, well why would they believe me over the guardian? However, the social worker who has actually attended the review meetings and knows full well the guardian hasn't attended any, did not correct this error in fact - they just cover each other's backs. I told the health visitor about this (who has also been to all review meetings) and her response was 'the least they could do is get facts right'; this is tip of the iceburg.

Reyna

Post by Reyna » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:11 pm

No some are corrupt my daughters ex has a relative in a high position of the council she came under ********* need I say more. My daughter did nothing the complaint was to SS came from her sons head teacher who was having an affair with my daughters ex mother in law. This family smashed my daughter car up, stole her property, attacked her in the street, stopped her from having her kids back, accused my daughter of falsly obtaining a loan against there house which we had investigated by online fraud and it was her ex that had the loan. The grandfather has had his hands on both children .None of this was ever written on a report and the police never sent our complaints to SS which they are suppose to. ********* council never helped her get a house when she was under threat of being homeless because he stopped paying mortgage. We took the matter to court the SW lied in court at this point we did not have a legal adviser. We got a legal adviser and a barraster and our case was solid . On the day of court our barrister had been changed evidence was missing from the bundle and none of our evidence came out in court. We used a ********* solicitors but it turned out they also had a ********* office and one of the partners was related to my daughters ex. The outcome was the kids had to stay with the grandmother who was the problem and my daughter could see them 2 days a week. My daughter had to stop seeing her kids 2 days a week because of the appauling way they were using the children to destroy my daughter and it was affecting them. This was the only way she could keep them safe if she was not in there life . She made the right decision as incidents happened since the court case really bad incidents have come to lite and there is an investigation on going. I have taken this matter to central government the kids are out of the way for now but the fight against this corruption has only just started. All roads lead to ******** and one person .
Last edited by Suzie, FRG Adviser on Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moderated to comply with board rules

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:47 pm

Dear Reyna

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum and thanks for posting.

From your post I see that you have a number of issues regarding children’s services relating to your grandchildren being removed from your daughter, their mother’s care. You have not sought any specific advice but I thought it would be helpful to clarify some of the issues in your post.

Unfortunately, it is not clear from your post if court proceedings were brought by children’s services following the referral they received from the children’s school or if the case was between your daughter and her ex-husband or partner. Just to explain, if the case was between your daughter and the children’s father that would have been private law proceedings. Children’s services may have been directed to provide a report, section 7, for the court. In a case brought by children’s services seeking a care order, your daughter would have been entitled to legal representation from legal aid.

In your post you say that ‘we took the matter to court’ which suggests a private law case.

There seems to be a lot of history relating to different matters within the family/extended family which you believe should have been brought to the attention of the court. I think it would have been for your solicitor to advise your daughter and prepare her statement for the court. This could include information which she wants to court to know.

Normally, a court bundle for a hearing would be prepared weeks in advance for the court. I am sorry that you do not think that all relevant information was before the court.

Did the court make an order for the children to live with the paternal grandmother? If your daughter had an order allowing her to have contact with her children then if this was not happening she could have taken the matter back to court to enforce the contact.
You say that other matters have now come to light which are being investigated, is this by the police or children’s services in respect of the children.

If you or your daughter would like to make a formal complaint about how children’s services conducted their investigation in respect of the children, you may find if helpful to read our advice sheet Challenging decisions and making complaints.

If your daughter wishes to obtain advice relating to contact she may be able to get advice from Child Law Advice on 0300 330 5480.

I hope this is helpful and do post again or speak to adviser on our advice line 0808 801 0366 if you required further advice. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

Best wishes

Suzie

Reyna

Post by Reyna » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:31 am

My grandchildren have been taken from my daughter and given to there other grandmother the narcasist. The children were not taken because my daughter did anything to warrant having the kids taken they were taken because her ex mother-in-laws cousin is a councellor and sits on a safeguarding board in the area where my daughter lived. This women kept her mouth shut about her relationship to the ex's family because it would have been a conflict of interest and they would not have been able to take the kids. The Social worker has put in her reports very negative things about my daughter Facebook posts, text messages, phone calls even saying some are from me which is all being investigated by the police and they have applied to face book for the IP address. The latest stunt was claiming that I had said on Facebook that my daughters ex had raped her which is utter bullshit because if he had we would have reported it to the police. They have attacked my daughter in the street, stolen money ,laptop and her bank card, smashed her car up, tried to kill her on the road , tried to set it up so it looked like she had left her son out playing and gone out. We have asked to see this so called evidence and 2 years on we still have not seen it. They set up a false Facebook page and targeted her friends telling them she had been saying some really horrible things about them which resulted in her being attacked 3 times one time really bad she thought the guy was going to kill her. The social worker has said she has seen evidence my daughter took a 20.000 loan out against the house without her ex's knowlage we have had this to fraud squad and proved them all liars . The grandmother months previous to social services turning up was spending a lot of time at my grandsons school locked in the headmasters office this came out in court it was flagged up by the teachers. The headmaster was the one who got the ball rolling with social services. Is any of what I have said in any report NO . The chair of the safeguarding meeting advised us to take this to court we did ,did she get a fair trial did any of the evidence come out in court NO.On the final hearing evidence went missing from the court bundle evidence I had mentioned the day before to the Social worker and her manager I did a bit of digging and it turns out our solicitor was a friend of the councillor who is the cousin of my daughters ex mother in law. The childrens services of this Town is corrupt the council is corrupt magistrates should never proceed over child custody cases because they can be anyone and are easily corrupted. I could go on and on but I think you should get the picture by now and this was all because my daughters ex mother in laws hatred for my daughter because she rejected her son and wanted to leave .This is the kind legal system in place to protect the children a system where the very people are put in place to protect the kids become there abuses and they have abused the kids but it's all been ignored. I have now submitted complaints to the relavent bodies and filed corruption charges with the police.I don't intend to stop there 2 children and a mother and family have had there lives destroyed because of hatred and mates doing favours for mates and I will not stand by and let them get away with it. So if you have been wronged by this corrupt injustice of a system fight fight and fight .

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:54 am

Dear Reyna

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear of the difficulties your family are having.

You raise a significant number of issues and serious concerns in your post. You are not requesting any specific advice. In my reply to you on the 27th September I responded to many of the issues that you had and signposted to additional sources of advice. Please do review that post if it is helpful.

You state that you have reported matters to the police – they can investigate to determine if a crime has been committed – and have made complaints to the relevant bodies. In relation to your complaints about children’s services’ actions, our advice sheet on complaints sets out the processes involved and the options available. I hope that you receive a response to your various concerns, that you are provided with clarity about how and why decisions were made and are able to find a way forward in relation to your grandchildren.

With best wishes

Suzie

Jls

Post by Jls » Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:54 pm

I dont social services they abuse they power and lies bout court and false allegations and paperwork

Frazor

Post by Frazor » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:56 pm

I personally do not believe you can trust social services, i can't get my head around the fact that considering the fact these people could tell such lies knowing that by doing so they can take your children from you knowing full well that it would be purely based on lies is disgraceful. Yet personally from the situation ive been put in not one of them over 3 and half years have ever explained what was truly going on and what it all meant, all i can say is there are lots of children in the world that need these help due to all sorts of reasons, but pound signs are what my experience is all they are interested in. As a parent of 3 happy kind loving children i have questioned myself in my own mind why on earth would these people considering there role write so many lies that was never discussed in person. My story as to what i have been put through not one of i forget how many have come and gone in and out of our lives have been trustworthy. And what i found was if any truth come to light the social worker had either walked out of there job or even though was never explained to me myself i believe lost the job, due to speaking out. I can't trust anyone any more based on my true findings that i found through long 3 and half years of searching the Web day in and day out and only now does the truth more than ever seem to be legally coming to light, its near enough a relief that its not in my mind the love me and my children have for one another my conscious is clear i just hope these people can live with what they have done to God only knows how many family's they have destroyed. And also for the many children who needed there help and how they plan to sort there mess out. All i know now is the truth always comes out in the end and the family law needs to be put correct.