my children

destiny

my children

Post by destiny » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:15 am

To whom it may concern
Right now we are feeling hurt and sad as our life is being taken away by social services, our life meaning our children. we love our children so much we have never hurt them or could even think about hurting them there too precious .yes we admit that in the past we have messed up but people change and we have changed ,changed to the point that we are totally different people better people that would make us better parents.
When the children were taken we did have problems that could be seen as neglect or contribute to their reasoning’s, my depression, partners drinking, and problems with the house our relationship and with money but all of these things have been addressed and sorted out. I have had treatment for her depression and has regular counselling sessions and my partner has been to drink awareness and other places for his drinking and now will only have a drink at social occasions there is no alcohol even allowed in the house; our house is always kept clean and tidy and our relationship is 100 times better than it was before yes we still have our moments but who doesn’t and we are not the richest people but we have learnt to prioritise our money in the right way. But even after all this we have not been given the chance to show that we have changed and grown up we have done everything social services have asked and more and still passed.
When our children were taken we were told it was just a rest bite and saying we were going to get the support that we needed at that time to get our children back. the children have been gone for 2 years now and in that time it’s been nothing but court case after court case we have not had any support from social services whatsoever we have had 3 different social workers and all have said how well we have done but still done nothing, we have only had 2 visits to the house by social workers and that’s only because we have asked them to come, we have turned up on time to every contact, meeting or court case ,contact sessions with the children have always had positive feedback . Our social workers have constantly messed up either by losing paperwork sending the children to the wrong contact centres, missing appointments with either ourselves or the foster carers not having anyone there to monitor the contacts meaning contacts were missed confusing the children and not making sure that a specific taxi driver was not used when asked by us and the foster carers and they accused us of neglect we love our children and have never put them in any danger or harmed them whatsoever physically or mentally.
Social services have told us that they want our children adopted how can this still happen after everything we have done we even had our local mp write to them saying we were being treated unfairly but this seems to sped things up on social services side our contacts just been dropped to once every 2 weeks then next month to once a month and we had a phone call from the social worker saying all phone contacts got to stop effective immediately as it would send mixed signals to the children.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: my children

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:19 am

Hi Destiny

My name is Suzie, an advisor from the Family Rights Group. We provide advice to families where Children's Services are involved.

Thank you for your post. Just so you are aware, I have responded to this query under your other post 'need help for our children'.

Best Wishes

Suzie