Son at granparents

Natalie30

Son at granparents

Post by Natalie30 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:31 am

My son stays at his grandparents house he's 9yrs old there my partners mum and dad when I was pregnant I wasn't with his dad we shortly got back together after he was born about a month later I stayed with my mum then his parents had never seen him till I went to visit after that we got a flat together with the baby it was fine but after a year it became to small so we looked to buy a house which we put a deposit on so we moved in with his mum and dad for 6 months I was working and my partner the house fell through due to insurance ect so we bought his grans house which was in xxxxxxx and moved there but due to work we needed his mum to watch him and he was going to nursery so he mostly stayed there! Then we bought a new house to be close to his new school that didn't work out either we didn't get the house and because he's been there for so long they have taken over and I'm afraid I will never get him back

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Son at granparents

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:00 pm

Dear Natalie30

Welcome to the parent’s discussion board. My name is Suzie, one of the Family Rights Group’s online advisers.

Before I offer you any advice in relation to your situation, however, I need to check where you and your son normally reside. If I understand you correctly, and you live in Scotland, then unfortunately I am unable to advise you any further.

This is because the law is different in Scotland and The Family Rights Group are only funded to offer advice to families living in England and Wales.

Therefore, if your require information about the Law in Scotland, can I suggest you contact The Scottish Child Law Centre http://www.sclc.org.uk/ or on their Advice Line which is open Mon-Fri 9.30am-4.00pm 0131 667 6333 Freecall Under 21s (landlines) 0800 328 8970 (mobiles) 0300 3301421 or via Email enquiries@sclc.org.uk.

If for any reason, you (and your son) actually live in England, please post back so that I can respond to your post.

Best Wishes

Suzie