3 out of 4 kids in temporary foster care

confusedmummy86

3 out of 4 kids in temporary foster care

Post by confusedmummy86 » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:11 pm

On 28th sept 2013 my partner & i were arrested & later bailekd on suspicion of common assult against a minor ( i apparently puncehd my 4 year old daughter in the face & kicked her in the stomach while her dad held her down) this is completely false. A medical exam was conducted on the 30th sept & it was concluded there was bruises caused by lack of supervision
then on 15th october the social services applied for an ico for all 4 of my children on the 17th of october an ico for my 3 eldest was granted (6, 4 & 2.5 years old) while my 4 montlh old baby stayed home unsupervised.
Since beinging in care my 2.5 year olds health has gone downhill ( shes had thrush, a verucca, some sort of scabby rash round her mouth & had to have antibiotics for a chest infection).
On friday we had a contact session to which my 4 year old turned up with no socks on & a thermal undervest but no t-shirt & my 6 year old had a blood great black eye which the foster dad knew nothing about.
At this point i dont know if they are coming home. I just feel my hope slipping away & i miss my babies so much & i worry for their overall wellbeing in their placement

frustrated mum

Re: 3 out of 4 kids in temporary foster care

Post by frustrated mum » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:38 am

I may be wrong love but document and if possible take photos on your phone of the state of your children when you see them. Then take this evidence to your solicitor. This must be a form of abuse at the hands of the foster parents. Like I said I don't know much about this but it sounds so wrong also why would they take only 3 of your children and leave a 4 month old baby in your care just doesn't add up to me. Sorry if my advice is wrong.

confusedmummy86

Post by confusedmummy86 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:04 am

The guardian from cafcass told the judge it would be damaging to babys physical and emotional welfare & he agreed. Just had great news this morning. Cid phoned me & sed they are closing the case as theres no evidence & due to my daughters statement so now my solicitor is gunna see if she can apply for the kids to come home @ the end of the 8 weeks.
my hope has bin restored
I have bin righting everything down & so has the contact supervisors.
i thought the contact supervisor was gunna flip wen she saw that black eye.

frustrated mum

Post by frustrated mum » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:48 pm

Fantastic news!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:07 pm

Dear Confusedmummy86

Welcome to the parent's discussion board.

I just wanted to share how pleased you must be to have received some more hopeful news, and that the police have decided not to prosecute due to lack of evidence.

Part of the contact supervisor's role is to monitor and safeguard your children before during and following contact, and to clearly note in their recordings any marks or concerns they observe.

If they need to, they will speak to the social worker so that any concerns can be looked into and followed up straight away as part of a child protection enquiry, so that any protective action can be taken if required.

I would make sure you forward a copy of your observations to the social worker, children's guardian (if you have their contact details) and your solicitor.

In the meantime, Children's Services may want to carry out their own risk assessment on your and your ex partner, in relation to the older children, to see what other action they may need to take or could ask you to sign a written agreement as part of a plan for the children returning home to you.

Please continue to fully cooperate with any assessments that you are involved in, ensure contact is the best quality it can be, so that you demonstrate that you are putting your children's needs first, and then work closely with your solicitor as these could work in your favour when the court makes their decision.

I hope this answers your questions

Best Wishes

Suzie