Partner arrested for sexual communication with a child

Jl2000

Partner arrested for sexual communication with a child

Post by Jl2000 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:02 pm

Hi, I'm really looking for advice as I just can't cope anymore.

In February my partner was arrested for sexually communicating with a child online, this turned out to be a police officer. He is on bail and can't see anybody under the age of 18 unless supervised by social services or if social services deem someone suitable to supervise.

I gave birth a week after he got arrested and have been terrified of the outcome it will be, we have social services involved and our child is on a child protection plan now does anybody know what i can be expecting. Will he be allowed back in the house?
I feel like the criminal the way social services are just involved with me it's made me feel like i committed the offence :(

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Partner arrested for sexual communication with a child

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:28 pm

Dear Jl2000

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Parents Forum, I am Suzie, an adviser at Family Rights Group.

I am sorry to read of your situation, here, if you have not yet had an opportunity to read them are our webpages about the child protection process and may I signpost you to some sites that may also be helpful.

Firstly, Lucy Faithful, next Parents Protect.

I am not sure whether the charity Unlock will be relevant or helpful for your partner, do have a look at their site here.

If you would like to speak with one of our advisers about your situation, please call our confidential telephone service on 0808 801 0366, our lines are open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 3.00pm. You can access us on Webchat too on Mondays and Wednesdays from 2.00pm to 4.00pm.

Best wishes
Suzie