Feel like nothing I do is enough

JulyBabyComing

Feel like nothing I do is enough

Post by JulyBabyComing » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:04 pm

Will children’s services just continue to remove children from my care because of the pool I was left in in 2018?

After having two social workers give me a positive assessment to have my children unsupervised and for overnight stays on a Child In Need plan, which was signed off by their manager, only for a senior manager to come in and block it, I can’t help but feel like nothing I do will ever be good enough.

The senior manager has said to remain on supervised until the baby’s assessment is completed, but it’s already been 2 months since they put me back on supervised and we have to wait another 4 months for the baby’s assessment - my children are waking up in the night crying for me and saying they want to stay over again - which was approved to go ahead until the senior manager stepped in.

I’m hurting so much, I’ve made so, so many improvements in my life since being left in the pool to the point where there’s literally no current concerns. Yet because of what’s happened here I’m worried that we’ll be given a positive assessment for the baby and some manager will step in and stop it based on what happened in 2017 💔

I’m one of two people in the pool, and I didn’t hurt my late son, and I just feel like i’m being continuously punished for something I didn’t do, as if learning he was hurt after he died wasn’t enough

ReneBasilico

Re: Feel like nothing I do is enough

Post by ReneBasilico » Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:11 pm

It doesn't sound good but I've just joined up here for help as I've been on supervised contact for NINE YEARS! And no, not one example of risky or inappropriate behaviour has yet been demonstrated.