How do I get my children back after a full care order was made? Please help me I'm desperate

Bless'ed.day

How do I get my children back after a full care order was made? Please help me I'm desperate

Post by Bless'ed.day » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:34 am

Please can you help me.
I am in the worst pain imaginable.
My 11 year old and 2 year old boy was taken from me and place in foster care in November 2022.
Both my husband and I suffered from mental health. I was diagnosed with severe post natal depression and my husband struggled to care for the children and myself as I was being aggressive towards him, which is totally out of character for me.

The social workers involved have written reports that are factually untrue, I have always challenged them about their inaccuracies but nothing was done. I took to court covert recordings of some of the meetings which shows that their documents they have submitted to the court were factually incorrect, the judge allowed them to be heard and transcribed.

The social workers had led my 11 year old to say bad things about us by only asking him questions when he was upset and angry with us where he have told them that we hit him and his baby brother, this is totally untrue.

We had a 7 day trial and the judgement was made. The children are to stay in long term foster care for the risk of harm by us.

We suffered with our mental health for a short time, I have been discharged from mental health services and is back to work as a district nurse too where I am safeguarding young adults and children within my role.

It just doesn't make sense, I am really struggling to understand this decision, yes we said it was proportionate at the time of removal as we were both suffering with our mental health, but now we are completely fine and have done courses around domestic violence, parenting courses, how conflict affects children, there's lots more.

What can I do to get my boys home where they belong?

My 11 year old has already spiralled out of control, they have had 5 placement moves and there's going to be more.

Can I report the social workers for neglect, misconduct?
What can I do?

This is just a very small part of my story and would like to tell my full story to the journalists as I have been wrongly accused and discriminated against as post natal depression is a protected characteristic that the LA has not followed.

My 11 year old has written letters to the judge pleading to come home here is one from after her judgement.

Thank you for listening.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: How do I get my children back after a full care order was made? Please help me I'm desperate

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:02 pm

Dear Bless’ed day

Thank you for your posts and welcome to Family Rights Group parents’ discussion forum.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group. I am sorry that the final decision of the court was for a care order in favour of the local authority in respect of your two sons who are to be in long term foster care You state in your post that the judge did not consider any information filed with the court relating to you and the work you did to improve your ability to safely care for your children.

I think your legal representative would have advised you to appeal the judge’s decision if they considered the judge failed to take account of material facts in the case. Whilst you and your partner have undertaken courses to improve the situation for your children and yourselves, much will depend on how long children’s services were involved prior to them making an application to the court and if you were engaging with them at that time. Also, children’s services may have been of the view that the children still needed to be safeguarded because neither you nor your partner had an understanding of the concerns that led to them taking action in the early stages of their involvement.

Unfortunately, the judge made a decision and I suggest you read the judgment that was given so you have an understanding of why the judge decided against you. It was a long case (7 days) which suggests that there were complex issues to be considered by the court.

You are now in the position where you want to know how you can have your children back in your care. It is not clear from your post when the final care orders were made. Normally, the court would not a consider an application to discharge a care order before 6 months has passed. In order to make an application, it is important to read the judgement so you are able to address the concerns that led the judge to make the decision. In order for a care order to be discharged the court would have to be satisfied that there has been significant changes in respect of those issues. It would be necessary to provide evidence to the court regarding the changes made. The court’s decision for a care order is made on the following basis that a child's welfare is paramount and known as the welfare principle

Here is information from our website about ending a care order

I hope you find this information helpful but should you wish to speak with one or our experienced advisers, you can telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3 pm Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).

Best wishes

Suzie