My wife has taken my child away

PT0407

My wife has taken my child away

Post by PT0407 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:36 pm

My wife has taken my 11 month old child a few weeks ago, and she is not replying to any of my calls and messages. After she she left our home ,she made an accusation against me of mental abuse to the social services , and told relatives of hers that she is not coming back. The children services are involved to investigate the claim. In the mean time I am not able to see my child and I am worried and distressed by it all. There is not a shred of truth in the accusation, and nobody is contacting me either to hear my side of story. My baby first birthday is on Friday, and I am worried I will not be able to see him.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: My wife has taken my child away

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:43 pm

Dear PT0407

I am sorry to read of your situation, for information here are our webpages written for fathers about domestic abuse which include frequently asked questions (FAQs) some of which cover issues around contact with children. Here too is information about child protection investigations.

Advice Now has some booklets about sorting out contact arrangements for children, you can read them here.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best wishes
Suzie