Proceedings

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Proceedings

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:10 am

Dear SJp9396

Thank you for your updating posts. I will answer both within this one response.

I can see from your previous posts this is a very difficult time for you. If you would like some support at this stressful time, it would be a good idea to contact your GP. They will have knowledge of potential support services in your local area. I have added a link HERE to talking therapies. Talking therapies, are effective and confidential treatments delivered by fully trained and accredited NHS practitioners. They can help with stress. You can access talking therapies for free on the NHS. You can refer yourself directly to an NHS talking therapies service without a referral from a GP, or a GP can refer you.

As previously stated, I would advise you to work open and transparent with children’s services regarding your wish to be jointly assessed with you wife. Further, to work with your solicitor to discuss the possible options open to you regarding a joint parenting assessment. They have all the information before them and are best placed to advise you because of this. The same applies to any false or incorrect information within the assessment. If there are areas of concern then I suggest, in the first instance, you discuss these with your solicitor. They can then address the matter accordingly within the court arena.

I hope you find this information helpful. To speak to an adviser, please call our free and confidential advice line 0808 801 0366 (Monday to Friday 9.30am to 3pm, excluding Bank Holidays). For Textphone dial 18001 followed by the advice line number. Or you can ask a question via email using our advice enquiry form, or post again on here. There is also a webchat service that you may wish to access. The webchat is not a bot, you will be answered by one of our advisers. Please refer to our website for further information FRG.org.uk

Best wishes, Suzie