Husband under investigation. When will SS come knocking?

Mamia77

Husband under investigation. When will SS come knocking?

Post by Mamia77 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:20 pm

Hello,

I am sick to death with worry and anxiety.
My husband is currently under investigation for FALSE ALLEGATIONS of historic sex crimes against a 13 and 15 year old girl. These apparently happened 14 years ago and I have no doubt that they are absolute rubbish. We have evidence that provides massive doubt but due to the time length there is no actual evidence either way!

The police did a risk assessment concerning my 2 children and found they were not at risk and allowed my husband home.

My question is IF my husband gets charged will SS become involved. I have an 10 year old daughter and 4 year old son.

I have no doubt what so ever that she is safe and there is no risk but I’m concerned that reading a few posts on here we will be told that he has to leave once he is charged.

I am the main bread winner and he is a stay at home dad and a fantastic one at that so that would completely destroy our family dynamic and our children.

Sorry to ramble on, I just want to be aware of what is around the corner with all possible of outcomes.

Anonymous84

Re: Husband under investigation. When will SS come knocking?

Post by Anonymous84 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:50 pm

Hi
I'm really sorry to hear about your situation and I completely understand how your feeling. My partner has also had false allegations made against him and currently he is only allowed supervised contact with our children and has been told he can not stay at our house. Social services got involved 7 weeks after the initial arresst despite the officer in charge saying she sent a refferal the same day as the arresst. SS have said that my partner isn't a danger and they have no issues my partners solicter said it will be thrown out and so the officer in charge said it will most likely come to nothing. Like yourself my partner would care for the children whlist I worked however due to this conditions I haven't been able to work for 9 weeks now. I just wanted you to know you are not alone but be prepered for a long wait. Despite SS saying he is not a danger the police won't allow unsupervised contact even though he has been assessed as not a danger. I have lodge a complaint with the police regarding their treatment of myself and our children. Expecting a call from them tomorrow. Just wanted you to know your not alone.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Husband under investigation. When will SS come knocking?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Sep 21, 2023 5:56 pm

Mamia77 wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:20 pm Hello,

I am sick to death with worry and anxiety.
My husband is currently under investigation for FALSE ALLEGATIONS of historic sex crimes against a 13 and 15 year old girl. These apparently happened 14 years ago and I have no doubt that they are absolute rubbish. We have evidence that provides massive doubt but due to the time length there is no actual evidence either way!

The police did a risk assessment concerning my 2 children and found they were not at risk and allowed my husband home.

My question is IF my husband gets charged will SS become involved. I have an 10 year old daughter and 4 year old son.

I have no doubt what so ever that she is safe and there is no risk but I’m concerned that reading a few posts on here we will be told that he has to leave once he is charged.

I am the main bread winner and he is a stay at home dad and a fantastic one at that so that would completely destroy our family dynamic and our children.

Sorry to ramble on, I just want to be aware of what is around the corner with all possible of outcomes.
Dear Mamia77

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum and thank you for posting.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group. I will respond to your post. I am sorry that you are going through this very difficult and uncertain time following your husband’s arrest in respect of historical sexual abuse allegations.

In your post you ask if children’s services (the new name for social services) will become involved if your husband is charged. The likelihood is that they will become involved during the police investigation as the police are likely to if they have not already done so make a referral.

It is important that you understand that the police and children’s services will be involved for different reasons. The police to gather evidence for a decision whether your husband should be charged with the alleged offences. Children’s services will be concerned with safeguarding issues and whether the children of the family are at risk. You say in your post that you do not believe your children are at any risk with their father who is their primary carer.

You are very definite in your defence of your husband and of his innocence in respect of the allegations of sexual abuse. Whilst I can understand your wholehearted support of your husband, children’s services will expect you to have an open mind, that you do not minimise or justify your husband’s alleged behaviour. They want to see that you are and will be a protective mother and put your children’s needs first. And, yes, I understand that you believe having their father in the home is for their benefit but the fact that you state the allegations are false my suggest to children’s services that you have closed your mind.

Supporting your husband is important to you understandably, but it might help if you change your language to, for example, I do not believe that is something he would do, or I will wait to see the outcome of the investigation.

Depending on the police investigation and the information shared with children’s services, it is possible they could ask your husband to move out whilst they carry out their investigation/enquiries and or risk assessment. Alternatively, they could suggest a safety plan to be in place if your husband remains at home. Whether he would be able to care for the children unsupervised during this period may be a concern.

You may find it helpful to access information related to child protection from the NSPCC 0808 800 5000 and Parents Protect through the Lucy Faithfull Foundation 0808 1000 900. Their website is here

You may also find it helpful to read information on our website relating to children’s services when they receive a referral, child protection and when sexual abuse is a concern.

I hope you will find this information helpful. Should you wish to speak to an adviser you can telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. You can post again if you need more advice or you may wish to use other means of contacting Family Rights Group by website enquiry form or webchat.

Best wishes.
Suzie