Lack of communication and breaking my infidelity

Wresty123

Lack of communication and breaking my infidelity

Post by Wresty123 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:27 am

I am hitting a brick wall with childrens services I can't eveyget a meeting with the social worker never mind her manager they have never worked with me given me no support and never explained anything toe it's been 12 months now I've changed my life totally they've never give me a chance for them to say I didn't do what they asked of me because I have and all along my daughter is still suffering in there care and they are aware of this am s ared for her metal welfare

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Lack of communication and breaking my infidelity

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:07 am

Dear Wresty123

Welcome back to the parents’ discussion forum. Thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear that you are still struggling to get a response from children’s services. This must be very frustrating.

If you have already emailed setting out your concerns and queries (copied in or forwarded to the Independent Reviewing Officer too) and still not had an acknowledgement or a response, you could consider making a complaint about their failure to respond to you in a timely way. Please see here for more information about the complaints process.

It may be a good idea to find out when your daughter’s next Looked After Child review is so that you can prepare for that meeting. If you have not received the minutes of the last meeting you could chase them up now (in writing again!).

If your daughter does not already have an advocate to help her views to be heard in meetings about her, then you could ask children’s services to consider arranging advocacy for her. We have a guide to children working with advocates which explains more and provides details of advocacy services.

There is a support organisation called Mothers Apart from their Children for mothers separated from their children for various reasons. If you are interested, please click this link to their service.

I hope this helps a little. If you would like to talk through your worries and the situation in more detail with an adviser please call the freephone advice line on 0808 8010366, Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm (except bank holidays). Or if you prefer, you can post back on this forum, use our webchat or ask a question via our advice enquiry form.

Best wishes

Suzie