This new social worker has been with us for 6 month ish
Had number of core group meeting people who had been attending were
Social worker
Safeguarding
School nurse
And either both parents
Or one

We have just joined new doctors
And last night home visit from social worker who has said has no issues with children and wants them put on child in need with view to close case yet why would he want our doctors to attend the group meetings

We did question on the last report why but have not been included that show the threats made towards our family.
Like when the person in question who started this has made threats to me and attacked me that had affected me we have had our car vandalised number times.
When I was last attacked the person in question said next time I'll make sure your car is really damaged weeks later the tail lights were smashed

All threats were reported to social services but nothing was done

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Feel not being heard

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:29 pm

Dear Majic-lord

Thank you for your post and welcome to the discussion board. My name is Suzie, I am an online adviser and will be responding to you today.

Your children are subject to a child protection plan . You have had four changes of social worker, the last one was allocated approximately six months ago and has stated that the plan is to step down to child in need with a view to closing thereafter. This is positive however, given this, you are confused as to why the social worker has said that your new gp should attend the next meeting.

Further, you are concerned that some significant information regarding your safety in the community has not been included in the report and that nothing has been done to address the situation.

I will assume when you mention ‘the report’ you are referring to the Review Child Protection Conference report and when you inform that your new GP has been asked to attend a meeting, I will assume you are referring to the Review Child Protection Conference .

Working Together 2018 makes clear that the social worker, the parents or carers, the child (if old enough) and all practitioners already involved with the child should be invited to the Review Conference. The same practitioners invited to attend the initial child protection conference will be invited and any new professional who have begun to work with your children and family should be invited. This link HERE provides further information and guidance.

In respect of the report and missing information, you should address this with the social worker who completed the report and raise with the person Chairing the conference. I would suggest you write to the social worker and copy the Chair to ask why the information has not been included. It is a good idea to ask for a written response. Please see HERE further information and guidance when working with social workers. It is called Working with Social Workers.

If a person is making threats towards you and has committed criminal damage to your property, you should report this to the police because it is a criminal matter. You may consider contacting the local authority and your housing tenancy support worker, to report anti-social behaviour issues within your local community. I have added a link HERE to some further information from .gov.uk regarding anti-social behaviour and the different types of support available.

I hope this information is helpful, if you wish to speak to an adviser, please telephone our advice service on 0808 801 0366. The free, confidential advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays) or of course you can post again on here.

Best wishes, Suzie