Need some advice

Blueeyes22

Need some advice

Post by Blueeyes22 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:57 pm

Myself and my husband had an altercation where he was pushing me and pinning me down we have been arguing alot recently over money worries and general life struggles my children where not present when the altercation happened ! I ended up calling the police and they arrested him and I wish I never but I was angry upset and every other emotion possible they have now put him in 3 months bail where he is to have no contact with me or not aloud back to the home …. He is currently in a hotel I think and I cannot see him on the streets need some advice … also I have now had a phone call from child services saying they want to do an assessment 💁🏼‍♀️ What does this mean I have never had social services or anything involved and it’s the unknown I have nothing to hide and there is no risk to my children what do I do I did make a statement to the police and I do not wish to carry on with this because at the time of the statement as I said I was angry and everything else 😥

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Need some advice

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:05 pm

Dear Blueeyes22

Welcome to the discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie, I am an online adviser and will be responding to you today.

Your husband assaulted you and the police were called to your home. Your husband was arrested and is now on police bail . The bail conditions state that your husband is not allowed contact with you and he is not allowed back into the family home, pending further investigation. Your husband is currently living in a hotel. Following the police intervention they made a referral to children’s services, who have now contacted you to inform they will be completing an assessment. You are worried and concerned about this. You want the process to stop. You are seeking further information about the assessment and the possible implications to you and your family.

I am sorry to hear of your situation. Its sounds like life has been difficult for you and your family.Whilst I understand your children were not present, the police have a duty to make a referral to children’s services if children live within the family home. There were several factors which led to the police being called and therefore the police and children’s services will need to complete their enquiries and assessment to ensure you and your family are fully supported. I hope the information and advice below is helpful to you.

There are two possible assessments children’s services may complete. A Child and Family assessment or a Section 47 assessment. The child and family assessment is voluntary and the Section 47 assessment is mandatory. I have added some further information HERE and HERE regarding both processes. It is important to know that should you decline the Child and Family assessment Children’s services may escalate to a Section 47 assessment depending on your situation.

I have added a link HERE to further information regarding children’s services involvement when there are concerns regarding domestic abuse. You will see on this page a further link to specific information for mothers which I hope you find helpful. I have also added a link HERE to Refuge, which has a national domestic abuse helpline and other forms of support. This is their number 0808 2000 247.

I have added a link HERE to our ‘top tips’ when working with social workers which I hope you find helpful. This offers tips and guidance on how to work with social workers and what to do if that relationship is not going well.

I have added a link HERE to a government website which offers information and guidance on managing debt. Further, I have added a link HERE to an organisation called Step Change. They offer free and expert advice that helps you deal with your debts and get the support you need. You can get advice online or over the phone at a time that suits you, and after they have looked at your budget, they will recommend a range of practical debt solutions based on your situation.

I hope you find this information useful.  Should you wish to speak to an adviser please call our free advice line again on 0808 801 0366 (Mon to Fri 9.30a.m. – 3.00p.m) excluding bank holidays. Or, of course, you can post again on here.
Best wishes, Suzie.