Help :-(

FGT676

Help :-(

Post by FGT676 » Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:07 pm

Hi ive contacted a few times,March 2021 childrens services said my children would go with their father for a couple of weeks due to my mental health and a bereavement. I was promised if i got all help from support services the girls would return home. My ex did not return the girls and they have been with him for 6 months. I applied for a CAO and original social worker was removed due to lies yet they have lied to the MP and said it was for family reasons, ive just recieved the section 7 and the childrens services have recommend our daughters stay with their father. They have used malicious reports , anonymous calls, my mental health and alcohol use against me. I had asked them from the start if i could do alcohol tests to prove i dont drink excessively and they did not put that forward, they have also missed out how my gp have no concerns, i have brought the girls up all their lives they are now 4 and 6. I really need someone to help me as childrens services have lied and have not took into consideration worries about my ex, the report is very biased and i feel im going to lose custody.

KatKat10

Re: Help :-(

Post by KatKat10 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:42 am

First get yourself a solicitor who is accredited in children's law to act on your behalf.
If they have lied then this needs to be looked at. It sounds like you have not been supported and you need that support. Mental Health issues is a usual thing they use against people, trust me I have been there and disproved any allegations.
I don't know your situation and not sure why they have not carried out tox tests?
Have you had meetings with social services, such as child protection, review meetings etc?
If due process has not been followed, then you need to get legal help as soon as possible.

Edited by Suzie in accordance with the rules of the forum.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:04 pm

FGT676 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:07 pm Hi ive contacted a few times,March 2021 childrens services said my children would go with their father for a couple of weeks due to my mental health and a bereavement. I was promised if i got all help from support services the girls would return home. My ex did not return the girls and they have been with him for 6 months. I applied for a CAO and original social worker was removed due to lies yet they have lied to the MP and said it was for family reasons, ive just recieved the section 7 and the childrens services have recommend our daughters stay with their father. They have used malicious reports , anonymous calls, my mental health and alcohol use against me. I had asked them from the start if i could do alcohol tests to prove i dont drink excessively and they did not put that forward, they have also missed out how my gp have no concerns, i have brought the girls up all their lives they are now 4 and 6. I really need someone to help me as childrens services have lied and have not took into consideration worries about my ex, the report is very biased and i feel im going to lose custody.

Dear FGT676,

Thankyou for your further post. I am sorry to hear about the stressful situation that you are in and I hope that the following advice is of some help.

Given that children’s services were involved when the private law process began it is usual for the judge to request that children’s services complete a section 7 report and make a recommendation about who the children should live with and what contact they should have with the other parent. Children’s services can only make recommendations; it is the court who will make the final decisions about these matters.

You previously mentioned that you have a solicitor – my advice is that you should inform them of your concerns regarding the section 7 report and ask them to challenge these in court. They will be best placed to advise regarding next steps. Family Rights Group cannot advise further on private law proceedings as this is not within our remit.

You don’t say if your children are under a child in need plan or child protection plan however I would suggest that if you feel that the social worker is not recognising concerns about the father then you should consider putting this in writing to their manager and requesting to meet with them to discuss these concerns. You could also consider making a formal complaint if you feel this is necessary.

I hope that this was of some help and that things improve for you. Please post again if you have any further queries, or you can call our free helpline on 0808 801 0366 (Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 3pm) to speak with an adviser in more detail.

Best wishes,
Suzie

FGT676

Post by FGT676 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:21 pm

Hi suzie thankyou for your reply. The social worker has to do an addendum to the section 7,I have got all negative alcohol results and a normal liver function test for the final hearing. Unfortunately my daughter had a bruise and disclosed some Information to me about her dad, I called the off duty social worker and nothing is really getting done, they have told her dad what she told me and I am worried that this will put her at risk. I feel I am getting judged and they are very biased. I have done everything right and I've came a long way yet they are still not listening to my concerns. I feel I'm getting treat unfairly and our daughters will not be okay with their dad. I'm lost at what I can do, childrens services don't help.

FGT676

Post by FGT676 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:16 pm

sorry they are in a CIN plan.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:10 pm

Dear FGT676

Thank you for your further updating post.

I see that you are still very concerned about your daughters’ safety and well being in their father’s care. It great that you have managed to stay abstinent to have negative alcohol tests as well as a normal liver function test. This will be an important factor at the final hearing.

Please refer to the previous advice I gave regarding the concerns you have. I suggested you ask for a meeting with the social worker and the team manager as well as ensuring that your solicitor is aware of the concerns and can ask questions on your behalf.

The case is now before the court, and it will be for the judge to decide the outcome. An addendum to the section 7 report has been directed by the judge, this suggests that the court want to have full and correct information for the final hearing. All your achievements will be recorded in the report and so should your concerns as reported to the social worker. The social worker is likely to express an opinion about the issues you have raised. Any issue of bias can be questioned at the hearing.

Once the addendum report is received you should discuss anything that you consider incorrect or unfair with your solicitor.

I am sorry that you are feeling judged, and that children’s services are biased. I am not able to comment on this, but it may be because the case is before the court children’s services is leaving it to the court to decide. If they or the court were of the view that there is immediate risk of harm the children could be removed from both parents. Please speak with your solicitor who is best placed, knowing your case in depth, to advise you.

Best wishes

Suzie