Unsupervised Access

KeepGoing76

Unsupervised Access

Post by KeepGoing76 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:41 pm

Ok, straight off the bat.... I am a convicted sex offender, my offence being possession of IOC. I am on a suspended sentence and the SOR. I also have a SHPO which only has stipulations around internet usage.

Since my arrest over 2 years ago I have not been able to see my now 12yo son without supervision. Initially friends and social services facilitated, then his mum and my now ex-wife would help.

Now I have been charged, and everyone is looking to move forward, social services (purely because of my offences) have deemed it appropriate to recommend no unsupervised access until he is 16. They have closed their investigation on this matter.

No-one involved wants this, my ex-wife is desperate for me to help her parent the boy, I obviously want access, and the boy himself missed me dearly.

Understandable that I have now lost all my friends, family does not live near and my ex-wife is keen to distance herself from me. Therefore I have zero support to help me with assisted visits.

Is there any way that I can challenge the social services recommendations? I am happy to work with them regarding any conditions they may impose.

I do not want custody, i do not want him to come and stay with me.... But I am unable to drive him to McDonalds without begging his mum to come with us.

Any advice welcomed.

Need help 2021

Re: Unsupervised Access

Post by Need help 2021 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:02 pm

Hi I just saw your post in teams of your being charged what have you actually been charged for and have you had any assessment done with Lucy faithfull and done work with probation

KeepGoing76

Post by KeepGoing76 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:24 pm

I used the Lucy Faithful foundation for support whilst coming to terms with my offending. No assessment though. I plead guilty to downloading indecent images including cat A.

I had weeks of meetings with social services, they were happy to close the case at the earliest available time.

I meet with probation weekly, my pre sentence report stated I was low risk if reoffending, and as there were bail conditions regarding access before I was sentenced....the judge was happy to remove them fully.

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:46 pm

Can you box me at all so I can message you on that

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:08 pm

Wht you can do is ask your probation officer and say to him this is whats happing in terms of my risk is low is there any way I can see my son but I do know as the times goes by they can removed it

KeepGoing76

Post by KeepGoing76 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:18 pm

Met with probation today, really don't seem interested in helping at all.

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:30 pm

Can someone else not supervise contact for you are will be honest there at nightmares to be honest did they tell your wife to break up with you in the past

Toughlife

Post by Toughlife » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:59 pm

Need help 2021 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:02 pm Hi I just saw your post in teams of your being charged what have you actually been charged for and have you had any assessment done with Lucy faithfull and done work with probation
Hi
I was convicted last year of sexua communication with a minor (an adult pausing as a child in an adult chat room). I am not saying that what I did was right. I am in the register for 10yrs. After my arrest, I was not allowed to stay at home and unsupervised access to my kids. 3 months into probation and the probation officer made a referral to social services saying that I should be allowed unsupervised access. Social services did a few assessments and they allowed me unsupervised access.
I feel sorry for you. Keep pushing socia services. Previously socia services told me that I will never have unsupervised access to my kids until they are 16. They closed the case and then after the referral they opened the case and they said that it is okay.
I wish you all the best.

WhiteOrchid

Post by WhiteOrchid » Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:50 am

Hi,
I believe the referral for unsupervised needs to be initiated or at least supported by your probation officer who can put the recommendation into Social Services. What is your relationship like with them?

For the meantime, is it possible to spend time with your son in a contact centre?

KeepGoing76

Post by KeepGoing76 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:10 pm

The nearest contact center is 45 mins drive away, and his mum would have to take him and collect him.... Not going to happen