Social worker checking my fridge

ANGEL42

Social worker checking my fridge

Post by ANGEL42 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:08 am

Hi..

My child is on a child in need plan, she is 15 and the social worker still went round when l couldn't make the meeting, my daughter let her in asking her loads of questions, checking my fridge and asking my child if l hide drink.. l wasn't presence, is this allowed.. l have been more than honest with these people.. but coming into my home like that isn't acceptable, please advise

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Social worker checking my fridge

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:10 pm

Dear Angel42,

Welcome to the parents' board and thank you for your post.

Your 15 year old daughter is on a child in need plan. The social worker attended your home - you were unable to make the meeting - and your daughter let her in. She asked your daughter some questions and checked the fridge. You would like to know if this is allowed.

Firstly, did the social worker know that you would not be home, or had they presumed you would be there and part of a prior arrangement? It would be unusual for a social worker to do a home visit without the presence of a parent and in this case, unless there was an urgent reason to see your daughter, she should have asked permission as to whether she could enter the home and speak to your child.

I would advise that you ask for a meeting with the social worker - you should make clear that you want to work effectively with her but that you are concerned about what happened and that entering the home without your permission has made you feel uncomfortable. Depending on the social worker's response, you may want to escalate the matter to the team manager.

Best wishes,

Suzie.