New baby

twilight1107

New baby

Post by twilight1107 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:07 pm

Hi, I had children removed in 2015. Since done the recommendations,therapy ect, got with a new partner and been with him 2 years before having baby in 2021 this was referred to Children services and did i work with them, parent classes ect and saw the dr Psychologist again, risk came out low ect. And social was pleased with our work and was signed off after 9 months. Nothing since. I’m pregnant again. I assume that the midwife will alert social services. Does anyone know what can happen?

Thank you.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: New baby

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:29 pm

Dear Twilight1107

Welcome to the discussion board and thank you for you post. My name is Suzie, I am an online adviser and will be replying to your post today.

You had children removed in 2015. Following this, you engaged with the recommended services and now have a child with a new partner. Due to your history, when you had your child you were referred to children’s services. A support plan was put in place, you worked well with this and completed the courses recommended to you. You also reengaged with psychology services and after nine months children’s services closed their file and your child remains living with you. You are now pregnant again and assume the midwife will inform children’s services again. You are seeking advice regarding this.

Firstly, congratulations on working to make the changes you needed to make to keep your child safe. Well done.

In respect of this pregnancy, you are correct in thinking that the midwife will make a referral to children’s services. Children’s service will then need to make a decision on whether you meet the threshold for further assessment. They will need to take into consideration your history – both positive and negative - to inform their decision making. They will also need to take into consideration your current circumstances and that of your partner and child. I have added HERE which you may find helpful. It offers guidance and advice when families have previously been involved with children’s services.

I hope you find this information useful.  Should you wish to speak to an adviser please call our free advice line: 0808 801 0366 (Mon to Fri 9.30a.m. – 3.00p.m) excluding bank holidays. Or you can, of course post on here again.

Best wishes, Suzie