Waiting for police investigation

Xr2222

Waiting for police investigation

Post by Xr2222 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:18 pm

Hi Suzie,

I am waiting for the conclusion of the police investigation concerning iioc. My phone's are being forensically checked.
In the meantime my wife has stopped me seeing the children for 8months, but has now decided I can have supervised contact to them. 3, and 7month old. She being one adult and my mother being the other. She has told me that when she called c.servies they advised it needs two adults as they don't know the level of risk I pose u til the police have done their job.
Because my wife left to move up north nearly a year ago there is no c.srvices open to the case as when she left they were happy she was safeguarding them.
I'm guessing that they will definitely be one involved when the police/CPS have decided what course of action to take, as I might as well be on the register.
In the meantime, my wife is happy for me to travel up north once a month to spend an afternoon out with my children.
She has told me she wants to divorce in the future, and doesn't intend to get back with me.
She did give me hope two months ago and reconsidered , but then she got advice from c.services who were extremely concerned and the thought of her even contemplating getting back with me and he scared her off saying how hard life would be for the kids and for her.
Also her family are totally against her getting back with me, and she's worried she would have no support . So she has decided to leave me. I'm totally broken.

Amy advice would be good. Thanks.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Waiting for police investigation

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:30 am

Dear Xr2222

Thank you for your post. My name is Suzie, I am a Family Rights adviser and will be responding to you today.

I am sorry to hear of your distress, I hope the information provided is helpful to you.

You were arrested for Indecent Images of Children (IIOC) and the police are carrying out their investigations. Children’s Services were involved and are satisfied that your wife has appropriate safeguards in place. Presumably they advised no unsupervised contact between you and the children until the outcome of the investigation is known. Your wife initially refused contact but has now agreed to monthly supervised contact. Your wife sought clarification from children’s services who advised that there needs to be two people to supervise contact because they are unsure of the risk/potential risk posed. Monthly supervised contact has now been arranged.

The request from children’s services is not legally binding, however should this request not be met they may escalate given the concerns.

You still retain parental responsibility for your children therefore children’s services should
continue to work with you should they become involved with your family again. Please find HERE a link to our working with social guidance that I hope you find helpful. I have also added a link HERE to information for fathers and how children’s services should be working with you. Further, this link HERE is an organisation called Families Need Fathers. They help children and families to retain positive relationships after separation or divorce I hope you find it helpful.

Once the outcome of the police investigation is known, children’s services should complete a risk assessment to identify risk and potential risk. This will inform their next step (if any) regarding their involvement.

I have added a link here to an organisation called Stop it Now! they offer useful support, advice, and information for people in your type of situation. It also has a confidential help line – 0808 1000 900 that you may wish to call for further support and information.

I have also added a link HERE to the Samaritans. They provide a free confidential service. They listen to you and help you talk through your concerns, worries and troubles.

I hope you find this information useful.  Should you wish to speak to an adviser please call our free advice line: 0808 801 0366 (Mon to Fri 9.30a.m. – 3.00p.m) excluding bank holidays. Or you can, of course post on here again.

Best wishes, Suzie