Gaslighting

KatKat10

Gaslighting

Post by KatKat10 » Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:05 am

Has anyone had any experience of SW's gaslighting them? I feel this is happening to me. SW is attempting to gaslight me into admitting things I have never said in meetings etc. Fortunately, on each occasion I have managed to challenge these via the chair of the meetings to confirm what was and was not said. I wouldn't mind but the SW was not present at one of the meetings where I have meant to have said something. The SW workers manager was present and I feel they are feeding false information to the SW in an attempt to get me to confess to something I haven't said or done.

Definition of gaslighting:
''manipulate (someone) by psychological means into doubting their own sanity.''

KK10

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Gaslighting

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:45 pm

Dear KatKat10

Thank you for your further post. You are concerned that you are being misrepresented by children’s services and specifically that the team manager and social worker are deliberately doing so in order to incriminate you in some way. You have successfully challenged these incidents to date via the Chair of the meetings. It is important to constructively challenge errors as they occur or misinformation when it is shared so it is good that you have already done so.

However, you use the term ‘gaslighting’ to describe these incidents which is quite a serious allegation. I think you are still in a PLO process and, if so, you have a solicitor representing you. I would suggest that you discuss your specific experiences and concerns with them and seek their advice. It is possible to make a complaint if you feel that you are being mistreated but if you are involved in a legal or court process it is advisable to see legal advice before doing so; this page here explains why.

I know from your other posts that you are cooperating with a number of assessments and are being proactive in seeking the right support and services for you and your family. It is important that you continue to engage well.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Suzie