LA delaying assessments on purpose!!!!

mamaof5

LA delaying assessments on purpose!!!!

Post by mamaof5 » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:18 pm

My children were removed from my care under an ICO back in April.
The LA have made every excuse possible to delay mine & my partners parenting assessment! Firstly they wanted to wait until my partner moved in properly, then after this happened they wanted to wait for DNA test results proving my partner is my children’s father. Now they have all these they still haven’t given us a timetable to start our assessment.
I am well aware that the assessment usually takes 12-16 weeks but we are already 11 weeks into the 26 week timescale!!!
I am convinced they are doing this on purpose to delay my children coming home!!!
Worst of all the social worker TOLD my 10 year old she will find out in October if they can all go home or not. At the very slow rate the LA are working we won’t get a final court hearing before next year!!!!

We also haven’t had a directions hearing, no date set either (was meant to be first available date after may 20th!!!) and we have no date for a IRH or final court date. 😭😭😭😭

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: LA delaying assessments on purpose!!!!

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:57 pm

Dear Mamaof5

Welcome back to the parents’ discussion forum and thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear that you and your partner are still awaiting the start of your assessments which is understandably very frustrating for you. It does however appear to be reasonable that your partner’s paternity was confirmed and that he should be living with you if you are presenting as a couple. The process does seem to be taking a very long time though and it is concerning that your daughter is expecting a final decision in October which may now not been possible due to the delayed starts to the assessments. Do you have a confirmed date yet?

In relation to the court timetable please discuss this with your solicitor who is best placed to update you on the next court date. As they will also be aware that your assessment has not started they can chase this up with the local authority legal department if needed.
Despite the frustrations at the moment, I hope that you are continuing to progress and to engage with the services you described in your previous posts.

As the children are in foster care, you will be involved in Looked After Child Reviews . The children’s second review should be coming up shortly and this will give you a chance to contribute and be updated about the children’s progress too. You can let the Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) know about the concerns you have about the process.

You may find our tips on working with social workers and working with a solicitor helpful.

I hope that the situation moves forward as soon as possible.

Best wishes

Suzie

mamaof5

Post by mamaof5 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:36 pm

Still no confirmed date 😪

I contacted the IRO and she contacted the LA and gave them a kick up the butt. She said they need to start the assessment ASAP. She said to give it a week and if we still have no plan/start date to contact her again and she will chase it further

KatKat10

Post by KatKat10 » Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:03 pm

I think a good IRO can assist. I have spoken to my IRO about a number of concerns, just so they are on the record. There are things I should have been informed about and haven't been by the SW. Now that the ICO application has been submitted, there has been zero communication from the SW, who should be completing my parenting assessment. But all good as everything is in writing and refusal to communicate will be seen as negative.