Not been given information

Magic-lord

Not been given information

Post by Magic-lord » Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:20 am

In November of last year a multi agency meeting was held because of covid19 was held on line during this meeting our connection kept failing but as the meeting was about three of our children we found it strange why our eldest was allowed to attend it. In doing so our eldest was told sensitive information about his siblings ourselves were unable to speak as every time we tried our eldest would butt in.
Over the months we have never seen and minutes from any meeting disbite number times asking we have yet to see information on children protection plan yet again we have asked. In January of this year new social worker took over who decided to try and remove our parental rights. As the social worker told schools that she was to be told of any problems that social worker never told us what was going on the same social worker held meetings with out us both core group and multi agency review
With our local council we had launch a complaint at high level high lighted all the problem IE not been given any information ect. Yet still nothing few weeks ago because of problems with that social worker was agreed that the was to be a social worker for the two children who lived with us and one for our eldest as they don't live at our address last week we found that this was now not going to happen. So for that past 7 months it's been far from easy and myself and my wife feel that the social services are bullying there way with providing ourselves with any information is this correct

KatKat10

Re: Not been given information

Post by KatKat10 » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:52 pm

Do you have a legal representative, that can act on your behalf to obtain the minutes?
Have you emailed the relevant chairs of the meetings to obtain the minutes, these should be provided to you, so you can check there is an accurate record and also check all reports that have been made. It is surprising the amount of errors that are made in the documents and they do need to be checked. Go back to them if information is not factually correct in the documents.
If you are still not being provided with copies of minutes, raise it with the director of children's services within your local authority.

Magic-lord

Post by Magic-lord » Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:37 pm

Disbite requested from a solicitor and our selfs we still have no information. It's now been 5days I've been emailing a manager with regards to lack of social worker. But just get no response from either party even when I email the chief executive of children service to ask why not had information its like we are talking to the wall noone will provide any information.
With regards to solicitor with them its waste of time all they ask is money money and because the social services are so slow then asked more money this money we dont have so at moment I'm dealing with it on my own.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:42 pm

Dear Magic-lord

Welcome to the Board and thank you for your two posts.

I am sorry to read of the difficulties you are having in the child protection process. Here is information from our website about the process and here is the Government’s guidance about how local authorities work with families, it is called Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018, do start reading from page 34.

Here too are our advice sheets about accessing information (and records) held by Children’s Services about your family.

Information about making a complaint can be found here.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best wishes
Suzie