Care proceedings

C123

Care proceedings

Post by C123 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:19 pm

Hi I'm involved in care proceedings and in middle of Pam's asassment and I'm in a placement with my 2 small children and my older children 16 and 12 are in a separate foster family my daughter is a troubled teenager and has made loads of faulse things about me and it's making my case look worser than it already is I am doing well in the placement I'm in with my small kids but because of my daughter making new lies about me I'm worried and scared that I won't get to leave this placement in August with my small kids has anyone got any similar situation that had a good outcome also my children are under care proceedings and interim care orders

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Care proceedings

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:35 pm

Dear Christina123

Welcome to Family Rights Group parents’ discussion forum and thank you for your post.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group and I will be responding to your post.

I see from your post that you are in a placement with your two young children and your older children are in separate foster placement. You say you are worried about what your daughter, whom you describe as ‘a troubled teenager’ is say about you.

As you may be aware, the purpose of the placement with your younger children is to assess your ability to care for them safely and meet their needs. It is not stated in your post why children’s services are concerned about your children or what harm they may have suffered in your care. However, whatever the concerns, it is important that you work and engage with the assessment which you say is going well.

Your placement is likely to end at the given time in August unless the unit considers, and children’s services agree to you being their longer. They will provide a written report about you and how you managed looking after yourself and the children. It will also make recommendations about what they believe should be done in the future including any support you might need.

I understand your concerns about what you daughter is saying about you but, if you know these things to be untrue, then you can provide your explanation about anything she does say.

You are in care proceedings and the court will give directions about what happens in the case. What you daughter says about you is likely to be considered to see if there is any foundation to it. I am not able to say more about this since I do not know what your daughter is saying.

I suggest you discuss your concerns about this and anything else to do with your case with your solicitor as they have all the information about your case and is best able to advice you.

You may find it useful to read the information here about care proceedings and this explanation of PAMS assessment from our A-Z of terms

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, do call our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays)

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Suzie

C123

Post by C123 » Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:08 pm

Hi Suzie thanks for getting back to me basacly my daughter was self harming herself due to regection from her father because he's moved on with someone else after 15 years of marriage she felt depressed and unloved because I was going through a difficult time myself and I was using alcohol for a period of time but been clean for months now and the reason me and the younger children are in this placement is because of behaviour problems but I have made a lot of progress but there using my past use of alcohol against me even tho IV have regular alcohol testing and came back clear my court is in 2 weeks I don't know if there gonna let me home with the younger children and they are very attached to me and I have made a lot of progress I just don't know if it's going to be good enough also the Reason why I turned to alcohol for short time last year was due to been in a violent relationship with my husband for 15 years I have supported evidence to the court about this messages pictures ect I'm just hoping that the judge will see my progress that I have turned my life around for the better also my daughter is angry with me as she blames me for her father regection her even though he's on drugs and was violent towards me and he's treating he's new girlfriend the same as he treated me and also even though he's made zero progress and failed he's drug test and alcohol test he's still trying to fight me for the children even though the younger children don't remember him after 2 year and my second daughter hates him over witnessing som of the violence I would just like som advice on the matter as I stated above even though I was drinking before for a short time will this stop me from going home with my younger children as I have made lot of progress and stayed clean and will continue to do whatever they ask me to do

C123

Post by C123 » Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:26 pm

Also both my son's have been diagnosed with ADHD and short attention span so this is the reason for the behaviour problems but the social services tried to say that is was because of lack of parenting so I'm hoping I can defend this in court as they have ADHD and short attention span they had a pediatric assessment today

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:38 pm

Dear C123,

From your post, it sounds like you have made some really positive progress.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, the judge will make a decision at the final hearing based upon what they think is in your children's best interests. This decision will be informed by a number of things, including your PAMS assessment, and your ongoing placement in the unit with your younger children.

You will have opportunity during any further assessment to demonstrate your progress and to put forth your views and wishes.

If you have any concerns that children's services are misrepresenting you, then please do speak to your solicitor about this.

Best wishes,

Suzie.

C123

Post by C123 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:17 pm

Thank you so much for advice Suzie I have 4 weeks left hopefully all will go in my favour as I have made good progress and stayed off alcohol my younger children have a close attachment bond to me and I'm hoping that the judge will see how well I have been doing and I'm willing to do whatever it takes as long as they let me home with them

C123

Post by C123 » Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:50 am

I feel like I'm not getting treated properly I have done everything the local authority and my social worker hit me with and it's coming to the end of the Pam's assessment and the local authority excuse now is that I can't manage my younger children behaviour problems yes they are wild and have ADHD but I'm still in the placement how can I do everything my own way when the local authority are keep popping up with excuse after excuse to not let me go home with them and now putting me down that I can't manage the behaviour but since IV been in the placement IV Don everything myself the foster carers don't look after my children they get paid and get the credit but they do nothing which is fine but now I'm afraid the judge might separate me and the boys I don't know I was hoping they would send me home with them and offer help and support with me with the behaviour problems

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:33 pm

Dear C123,

Thank you for your further posts. I’m sorry that you are finding your situation so difficult at the moment.

Care proceedings are a stressful process for any parent, especially the last few weeks before the final hearing. I would encourage you to continue focussing on doing the best you can for your boys, working as well as possible with children’s services and the foster carers, and building on the positive changes that you have made in your life. No-one can predict the outcome of the final hearing, but from your previous posts it sounds like you have made a lot of progress and changes to keep yourself and the children safe.

It would be a good idea to discuss with the social worker (and their manager if possible) what support would be available to help you manage the boys’ difficult behaviour if you returned home with them. It is important that you acknowledge that you might need some support as they have a diagnosis of ADHD now. It may also be a good idea to have this conversation with your solicitor because if the judge agrees for the boys to return home with you they will want to know what support you will be accessing.

I hope that this is of some help. Supportline offer a free confidential helpline if you feel that you need someone to talk with, or you are welcome to call our helpline on 0808 801 0366 (Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 3pm) to speak with an adviser.

Best wishes,
Suzie