Parental alienation

Pez

Parental alienation

Post by Pez » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:25 pm

Looking for advice on how to manage Parental alienation.
Ex has our 12 year old daughter living with him and I believe she is a victim of this. I have not seen her for two months as she is too ‘scared’ of me.
Ex is also manipulating all professionals too.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Parental alienation

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:12 pm

Dear Pez

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie, online adviser, at Family Rights Group and I will respond to your post.

You have given very little background information in your post but state your belief that your 12-year-old daughter who lives with her father, is being alienated from you and you want to know more about parental alienation.

Unfortunately, your issue does not fall within the remit of our service. However, if there is a court order for contact with your daughter and her father is not allowing contact, then you can take the case back to court to enforce the order. The court would be able to consider your concerns about parental alienation and try to get to the bottom of why your daughter is said to be ‘too scared’ to have contact with you.

I would suggest that you contact the Child and Family Court Advisory and Support Services (CAFCASS) who can advise you further and are able to carry out parental alienation assessments.

Should you decide to seek assistance from the court, you may find it helpful to contact the service that advises on private law matters, Child Law Advice on 0300 330 5480.

Hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie