Ex broke child arrangement order,Stopped all contact. So lost 😭😭

FGT676

Ex broke child arrangement order,Stopped all contact. So lost 😭😭

Post by FGT676 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:03 pm

Really need some help, further on from my last post the judge granted me my contact days with my girls back as their father was trying to say he only wanted us to have phone calls,this is in place until the next hearing so the judge can get reports and a history. I have done everything right,got My mental health back on track,got bereavement counselling and still the social worker Will not help me. She is believing my exes narcissistic ways and he's being manipulative. He has controlled me through my daughters as I got into a new relationship, he is still controlling me even though their is a court order and has blackmailed me into seeing my daughters also. He let me see them for 1 more day and now has said I can't see them anymore at all. He is saying I can't keep my daughters safe as my 6 year old travelled in a booster seat , although if I didn't get them back on time he would use it against me. They got there safe but he's completely stopped contact. He is able to still have my daughters around alcohol and friends that are violent and he is constantly leaving them with a friend to go out drinking,I have raised my concerns to the social worker but she is not seeing through his lies and manipulative ways. He has been able to claim my daughters live with him to get all their money,also to get a new home and now he wants my daughters full time. He was always not turning up for contact and doing drugs but still no one is helping me. Is there anything that I can do or any professional I can turn to ,to help me see my daughters and get them home? I have a solicitor and she has applied for an emergency hearing but it could take a while due to backlogs.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Ex broke child arrangement order,Stopped all contact. So lost 😭😭

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Jun 09, 2022 2:03 pm

Dear FGT676

Welcome back to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post. I am very sorry to hear that you are still experiencing difficulties having contact with your daughters which is very distressing for you. It is good to hear that you have accessed support and that this has helped you get back on track.

From what you say, I think that you are involved in private law proceedings i.e. Child Arrangement Order hearings about your girls. Unfortunately, we are not able to advise on private law matters. However, you have a solicitor who is applying for an emergency hearing – as your ex-partner has stopped your contact with the girls. They are best placed to advise you on your current legal options. All the final decisions about who the girls should live with and spend time with will be decided by the court.

There is also a social worker involved but I am not clear if they are involved in a child in need process, child protection process or whether they are doing a Section 7 report for the court to provide more information about your children’s welfare and what action is in their best interests. Either way you are unhappy with their assessment of your children’s situation and feel that they are minimising your concerns about their father’s ability to care for the girls safely. I would be able to offer more tailored advice about children’s services if you let us know what type of plan is in place for your children. However, if you want to make a complaint about their assessment or the plan of support then please see this information here which will help you. If they are doing a Section 7 report and you are dissatisfied with its contents then please raise this with your solicitor as they can challenge in court, if necessary.

I hope this helps and that you get to spend time with your girls again soon.

Best wishes

Suzie