Need help home contact

Kitty 33

Need help home contact

Post by Kitty 33 » Mon May 23, 2022 1:11 pm

Hi there we have naw started doing home contact and on the 31 June we are getting her home for the full day anyway they still not sed if we are getting her bk home or jit they just keep saying we are in the assessment process still and we have still not made a decision about her coming home are they allowed to do this

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Need help home contact

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed May 25, 2022 11:47 am

Dear Kitty33,

It is great to hear that you are progressing to home contact with your child - this is positive and I hope it goes well.

You say you have still not been told whether your child will be returned full-time. You have been told that you are still in the assessment period. I am presuming that you are still in care proceedings and that the final hearing is yet to be held.

If you are still undergoing assessments, these have to be completed and will inform children's services plan for what they think is best for your child. Depending on the outcome of assessments, children's services may think it is safe for your child to return home or they may think it would be safer for her to be taken care of by someone else. Once they make this decision, they should communicate this to you. They will also submit this to the court, and the judge will make the final decision.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie.

Kitty 33

Post by Kitty 33 » Wed May 25, 2022 2:58 pm

Well wr have been having her for home contact and next Tuesday we will be having her for the full day but they are still saying they don't no of she will be returning to us full time surely it ain't be right her getting use to us being at home whit us then them taking her away again

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon May 30, 2022 9:33 am

Dear Kitty33,

I can understand the worries you have expressed. Unfortunately, like I said in my previous post, I cannot tell you whether your daughter will be returned to your care permanently - however, even for children who may not live with their parents, contact is an important part in maintaining these relationships. If your daughter remains in the local authority's care under a care order after the final hearing, they will continue to have the duty to allow her reasonable contact with you.

Best wishes,

Suzie.