Sex offender

Safeguarding 2022

Sex offender

Post by Safeguarding 2022 » Sat May 14, 2022 3:29 am

My husband is due to finish a 10 year sex register His crime was with a 17 year old girl Once he went guilty he was put on the sex offenders register for 10 years He moved in with me over a year ago My daughter is staying with me She is having her first child and I need to know if I have to notify anyone about husband being in the same household as my baby Grandchild.

Need help 2021

Re: Sex offender

Post by Need help 2021 » Sat May 14, 2022 6:45 pm

Hi I wanted to ask you something as you have had your worn kids was he allowed to stay with them in the family house or did he have condition ?

Safeguarding 2022

Post by Safeguarding 2022 » Mon May 16, 2022 1:01 pm

When I had my chiden at home . my husband was not allowed to be in the family home at all , but after prison sentance he was allowed to visit my home until my children was 18 years of age and that was 4 years ago .My husband only moved back home 1 year ago My husband is off the register in June this year .

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon May 16, 2022 1:59 pm

Safeguarding 2022 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:29 am My husband is due to finish a 10 year sex register His crime was with a 17 year old girl Once he went guilty he was put on the sex offenders register for 10 years He moved in with me over a year ago My daughter is staying with me She is having her first child and I need to know if I have to notify anyone about husband being in the same household as my baby Grandchild.

Dear Safeguarding 2022,

Thank you for your post. Please note that this is the parents’ forum so please make any further posts in the family and friends forum (also known as the Kinship Carers’ forum). Please see here for a link.

You say that your husband is on the sex offenders register and your adult daughter who lives with you is pregnant. You would like to know if you need to notify anyone about this. I hope that the following advice is helpful.

I would advise that you or your daughter should inform your local children’s services of this situation as soon as possible. Although your husband’s name will be removed from the sex offenders register in June children’s services should still be informed. They will then gather the necessary information to assess whether they feel that your grandchild will be at any risk of harm or if any additional support is needed. The more time that they have to do this the more prepared your daughter can be if any changes need to be made.

You may find it helpful to look at our website pages here as they contain information about children’s services involvement when there is a concern about sexual abuse.

I hope that this is of some help. If you have any further queries please post on the kinship carers’ forum (see link above) or you can call our free, confidential helpline on 0808 801 0366 (Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 3pm) to speak with an adviser. Your daughter may also find it helpful to speak with an adviser.

Best wishes,
Suzie

Need help 2021

Post by Need help 2021 » Mon May 16, 2022 2:56 pm

Hi you said he slept with an 17 year old so why did he get sentenced and why did he go on the register. Was you tould by socail service to choose between him and the kids or they were find for you to be with him as long as he doesn’t stay at home .