children in care

Bigmama1986

children in care

Post by Bigmama1986 » Fri May 06, 2022 10:40 pm

hi I'm going through proceddings and it's been 12 months and now it's been ojurned again as the judge felt the assment from social worker was a shambles The judge congratulated me and dad as I've done level2 domestic violence level 2 safegaurding level 2 careing for children and level 2 child protection and risk assemebnts and dad completed DV the reason the took kids was they found out with partner and there was DV 2018 but nothing since and they know and so does judge but the problem is the social worker got sacked coz he failed to safeguard my children and misconduct ironically the reason they so called got took but there is a problem my child keeps turning up with bruises all the time some have been in places I would really see it as a safegaurding issue contact staff raised concerns with the bruises and I have phoned police twice but social services don't regard or care about this but if they were at home recieving these marks that unexplained or carer does not know how child got them this is a classic sign of neglect local authorise are picking and choosing what suits them I really think it's so ironic this story that when my kids are returned back as judge said they more than likely will I will be being advocate for parents like me and be there voice against the social services they are failing to protect the children that need it and makeing examples out of family who yeah may be not perfect but the children are loved and cared for I don't what else LA wants from people it's a absolutely a joke

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: children in care

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon May 09, 2022 4:08 pm

Dear Bigmama1986,

Welcome to the parents’ forum and thank you for your post. I am sorry to hear that you have been having such a difficult time recently.

You say that you are worried because when you see your child they have bruises on their body. You have contacted the police twice but feel that children’s services aren’t taking your concerns seriously. I hope that the following advice is helpful to you.

I would suggest that you put your concerns forward in a formal complaint. You can find information on our website here about making complaints and how they are dealt with. If you are unhappy with the response to your complaint then you can escalate it to Stage 2, Stage 3 and then beyond children’s services if necessary. Please see here for specific information about this. You say that contact staff raised concerns about the bruises – it would be a good idea to ask them to put their concerns in writing to children’s services as well if they haven’t already.

There should be regular looked after child review meetings for your child which should be chaired by the independent reviewing officer . In these meetings the child’s wellbeing should be discussed as well as any concerns about their placement. I would suggest that you also raise your concerns with the independent reviewing officer (by email) as soon as possible and request that these concerns are discussed at the next meeting.

I hope that this is of some help. Please post back again if you have any further queries, or you can call our free, confidential helpline on 0808 801 0366 (Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 3pm) to speak with an adviser.

Best wishes,
Suzie