I’m scad please advanced me !

Post Reply
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 04, 2022 1:57 pm

I’m scad please advanced me !

Post by Zaya » Thu May 05, 2022 1:28 pm

Hi ! I have one case with my husbend I’m not sure I’m have domestic violence , I have 3 child and when me and husbend shouting my child in the house
My daughter scad and run out after that’s my neighbour call the police and came out I’m in outside when arrived my husbend in house and 2 child police told me I’m not possible go in and I need to bring some stuf and take me and my child no possible contact him because he is dangerous for my child
After that’s put me temporary house I’m still leave here and my question because I don’t get any more information and I know anything else now I’m call the social worker and she say me I need to make children and family assessment if I want to move back
Anybody know what is this document or after that’s if I sign this what happen possible take my child
Please if some one know this situation help for information because I don’t want to lost my child .

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: I’m scad please advanced me !

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri May 06, 2022 3:52 pm

Dear Zaya

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie and I am Family Rights Group’s online adviser. I am very sorry to hear of the difficulties that you and your children are experiencing.

From the information you provided, I can see that you and your children had to leave your home in an emergency due to domestic violence from your husband. The police were called and assessed that it was unsafe for you to remain. The police referred to children’s services because of concerns that you and your children were at risk from your husband.

I think that the social worker is worried that if you return home to live with your husband again that this may put your children at risk. While you are living separately in safe accommodation and you and the children are not having contact with their father the social worker may be satisfied that the children are safe and well. Please see here for an explanation of why children’s services are concerned when children live with domestic violence. It can harm and affect children in a number of ways. In the incident you describe your daughter was so scared she ran out of the house and a neighbour was so worried that they called the police to assist.

You are in a very difficult situation which must be very stressful and confusing for you. It is not helpful that you have not been given any real information, or support. I would recommend that you get in touch with a specialist domestic violence service so that you can get help and support to keep safe and to understand your options. We have details of domestic violence services here.

The social worker should explain to you what she means by a child and family assessment. You can read here about what an assessment involves. These FAQS for mothers set out in more detail how to work with children’s services when they are involved due to domestic violence. They are looking to you to be protective as the concerns are about your husband’s behaviour. If you want to return home, the social worker needs to work with you to assess if this is safe for your children or not. The social worker should discuss any concerns with you and make recommendations to you about what they would like you to do and how they will support you to be safe from abuse. It is not advisable to return home until you have spoken more with the social worker and they have explained how concerned children's services would be about this and what they would do. It would be a good idea for you to have a domestic violence advocate (from one of the agencies linked to above) to assist you in working with children’s services.

Of course, children’s services also need to address your husband’s behaviour with him. Where safe to do so, they should make him aware of their concerns about the impact of his behaviour on the safety and welfare of his children, and what he needs to do address these concerns. He should be told this directly by social workers; it is not your responsibility to do so, and it could put you at further risk.

You are worried that your children could be removed from you. You are caring for your children and you are not to blame for any domestic abuse you have suffered. The law is very clear that children’s services should work to keep children safe and well-cared for, by their parent/s as long as this is safe for them. However, If children are suffering serious harm children’s services must take action to safeguard them. But they can only remove children

• if the Family Court has approved a plan for the child to be removed and made an order allowing children’s services to put that plan into action, or
• A parent (or someone else) with parental responsibility has given their real and voluntary agreement to children’s services removing the child and no one else who is able (entitled) to object, is objecting.

Please see this FAQ which answers the question ‘ can social workers remove my child? in more detail.

If you are asked to sign a written agreement or any document that you are unsure about then please get further advice before doing so from a solicitor, Family Rights Group or a legal advice service.

I know that you have a lot to deal with at the moment and there is a lot of information to take in. If you would like to talk through your situation with an adviser please do call our freephone advice line on 0808 8010366, Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm. If English is not your first language, we can arrange for a telephone interpreter to assist, you would just need to provide a phone number for the interpreter and an adviser to call you back.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes


Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 04, 2022 1:57 pm

Re: I’m scad please advanced me !

Post by Zaya » Fri May 06, 2022 9:01 pm

Thank you Suzie
I think i call thats number and i asking some help thank you for help u are give me lot of information

Post Reply

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 318 on Fri May 28, 2021 9:04 pm