contact

AS456

contact

Post by AS456 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:17 pm

My grandson has been advised by Children's Services to seek a Solicitor to support him to gain access to his baby daughter who he has not seen since February this year. His daughter is nearly a year old and my grandson is only nineteen. He misses his daughter and we are wondering if anyone out there has had a similar experience and found a good solicitor to support the contact process and beyond to Court for access in the West/South West area. Does anyone have any advice for my family. Regards
Last edited by Suzie, FRG Adviser on Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moderated to protect confidentiality

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: contact

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed May 04, 2022 1:33 pm

Dear AS456,

Welcome to the parents' board and thank you for your post.

You say that your grandson has been advised by children's services to seek legal advice in order to have contact with his 1.5 year old daughter, who he has not seen since February.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with any solicitors specifically, however, your grandson may find it useful to look for a children and family solicitor on the Law Society website.

If your grandson does apply to court for contact, this will be for a child arrangements order. This is known as a private law matter. He may find it helpful to contact Child Law Advice on 0300 330 5480 , who can advise him on the process if he does not currently have a solicitor.

You mention that your grandson's child has a social worker. I am not clear from your post whether there are safeguarding concerns around your grandson having contact - I would also advise that he speak directly to the social worker about the possibility of setting up supervised contact in the meantime.

Best wishes,

Suzie.