Family Group Conference Chair

AgainstInjustice

Family Group Conference Chair

Post by AgainstInjustice » Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:37 pm

I would like to raise a complaint against the chair of the conference.

The conference Chair at the Family group meeting is very biased, and does not listen to the family, often cutting the family off and when proving that the report is full of lies, due to the hypocrisy in what is written in the report, compared to what is being said in the meeting.
The Chair was also given a piece of paper at the begining of the meeting to prove the inaccuracies and lies in the report. And when catching out the lies of the workers involved in the case, the chair would create buzzwords and not actually address the issue at hand, only defending the social worker by saying 'xyz social worker is a good one'.
Furthermore, the chair only hears what they would like to, when noting why the reports were not sent, the chair would side-track to a new subject.
The chair also hinted that they wanted legally proven to be false accusations to remain in the report.

It seems to me that they all have a hand in this together, due to the eye contact they are giving each other when certain thigns are said.

I am starting a process of complaints, using the guidelines:
https://greatermanchesterscb.procedures ... n_cpc.html
https://www.proceduresonline.com/swcpp/ ... aints.html

However, it seems that the chair will also be in the complaints process.

Previously, we had a very good chair person, who worked best for the family and would listen to all sides (it is not necessary for a judgement by the chair to prove the lies), I believe the previous one was ill and could no longer attend.

I would like to know if there is a way to complain against the handling by the chair, who seems to want for innaccuracies to remain in the report, and gave a mean eye to a social worker, after they found out that the case worker previously closed the case. There definetly seems to be some conspiring against all parties, which can be proved by other means too.

Also when pushing for correspondence to be in formal writings such as emails, the chair wants to stick to 'calls' which have been the focal point of lies.

would audio recordings be allowed of the conference too?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Family Group Conference Chair

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon May 30, 2022 3:44 pm

Dear AgainstInjustice,

Thank you for your post and I would like to apologise for the delay in getting back to you. I hope this response will still be helpful to you.

You say in your post that you would like to complain about the chair of a child protection conference, who you feel is biased, does not listen to the family and has not taken into account inaccuracies that you have brought attention to. You say you are starting a formal complaint and would like some more information about this.

For more information about making a formal complaint to the local authority; how you can escalate a complaint and how you can complain beyond children's services, I would advise that you take a look at our webpage here. I also think it would be useful to read this section on complaining about child protection conferences specifically.

You also say in your post that you would like to communicate via emails with the chair. I cannot see any reason why this should be an issue - if you do have a phone call with the chair, I suggest you follow up what was discussed in writing.

With regards to audio recording the conference, it is always advisable that you ask the Chair for permission to do this first. The Chair should consider your request in line with the local authority's policy.

Best wishes,

Suzie.