Forms needed.

Smarie87

Forms needed.

Post by Smarie87 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:37 pm

Hi I've previously wrote in this group on several occasions any how my children are subject to full care orders due to use of drugs and alcohol and us parents not working with the authorities any us having many calls made to police due to dv in the past anyway these have all been addressed and no longer an issue we as the parents are continuing to make changes for the better one of us is now working and also doing the triple p parenting course. Anyway we have recently had a CLA review where it was said by the sw that contact between parents and children was going incredibly well and she as no concerns etc, we asked if we could be reassessed for the children to return home and the IRO stated she would have conversation with the sw and her manager then continued to say that permanency plans needed to be looked at for the children we have since emailed the IRO asking the outcome of this conversation but we have had no reply to this it seems like we are still not getting the anywhere so we are now looking at just applying to the courts to try discharge the care order this way could you tell me the forms I would need to fill out for this please and also anything else I can try to get the authorities to communicate with us. Also before the CLA review we had discussions with sw about increased contact with the elder 2 children this is set to increase in May and was confirmed in the CLA review that this would be beneficial for them an agreed by all parties

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Forms needed.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:57 pm

Dear Smarie87,

Thank you for your post.

You say in your post that your children are subject to care orders due to alcohol and drug misuse, domestic abuse and non-engagement. You say that since then, you and the children's father have taken steps to address these issues and have made positive change. You recently attended a CLA review and were told that contact was going well. You asked if you could be re-assessed for the children to return home and were told by the IRO that she would discuss this with the social work team and that your children's permanency plans would have to be looked at. You have since emailed the IRO and have not received any response. You feel as though you are not getting anywhere and are looking at applying to the courts to discharge the order. You would like to know which form you will need for this and how you can get the local authority to communicate with you. You also say that you have agreed with the social worker that contact with your two eldest children will increase in May.

First of all, it is really encouraging to hear that you have made positive change and that you are having good contact with your children, which is set to increase. These are really important steps to take if you would like to work towards your children returning to your care. You have also taken the right steps in requesting an assessment of your parenting capacity - if this is positive, you can begin to work with the local authority to develop a reunification plan which prioritises the safest way for your children to return home. It is usually most effective to work together with the local authority when discharging a care order. I would advise that you follow up your email to the IRO again and that you also email the team manager for a response - if you do not receive a response after this, you may want to consider making a formal complaint. Please see here for more information on how to do this. I also think it could be helpful for you to look for an advocate within your local area, who can work with you to represent your views.

If you would like to apply to the courts directly to discharge a care order, you must demonstrate that there has been a significant change in circumstances since the care order was granted. The form you will need is a C110A, which you will need to complete and submit to the family court. I would strongly advise that you seek the advice of a solicitor prior to doing this. You can search for children and family solicitors on the law society website.

I hope you have found this helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie.