Some advice for my brother

Post Reply
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2022 12:16 pm

Some advice for my brother

Post by Sorrymother » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:26 am

My brother and his ex partner share custody of their daughter. The relationship is strained and he has previously been to court with regard to contact. He has a child arrangement order in place for his contact. He recently discovered that his ex has been found guilty of wounding with intent, and is bring sentenced 1st July. She was released from jail following a 5 year prison term for attempted murder. He is unsure about whether she is going to be sent to prison and is wondering the best course of action to take. She has not mentioned the court case or outcome to him. He has PR and does not want his daughter to be placed in care, and is willing to take her on full time. Should he ring the social services and advise of the court outcome? He just wants advice on the best course of action.

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Some advice for my brother

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:50 pm

Dear Sorrymother

Thank you for your post.

If the mother of your niece has not made arrangements for the care of her, if she is incarcerated, then your brother might be approached to care for her by a professional.

Alternatively, and because there is a Child Arrangements Order in place, he can ask the court to vary or change his current order.

He can find a solicitor through the Law Society’s website, here.

Best wishes


Post Reply

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 318 on Fri May 28, 2021 9:04 pm