Suspected neglect case against local authority.

MEMELALA

Suspected neglect case against local authority.

Post by MEMELALA » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:59 pm

Hi, I am having difficulties regarding some issues and hope you can advise me further if possible.

My 6 year old daughter has recently been placed with her paternal Aunt to live after my parenting assessment failed. However during the final court hearing, a case of neglect against the local authority was discussed as my daughters legal guardian evidenced numerous occasions where the authority had failed to act in her best interests. I am now left confused as to how this case will progress as the social worker involved will not return my calls or messages. Can some one please explain the process this will take and who I can speak with regarding this matter .

Kind regards

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Suspected neglect case against local authority.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:20 pm

Dear MEMELALA

Thank you for your post.

I am sorry but it is not very clear to me what type of court case led to your daughter being placed with her paternal aunt. Here is a link to our pages about care and related proceedings.

If you were legally represented at the court hearings, may I suggest you ask your solicitor about the ‘case of neglect’ that was discussed at the last hearing. You have said that the social worker involved refuses to speak with you. It may be useful for you to find out who their manager is and ask why the social worker does not communicate with you or raise a complaint about it.

It may also be useful for you to find out what type of information is held by children’s services about your family – here on our website is how you might do this.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie