Confused after husbands arrest

Kizzi680

Confused after husbands arrest

Post by Kizzi680 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:58 am

Hi everyone, sorry if this is a long one, my head is all over the place.

So at the end of Feb, my husband was arrested for engaging in sexual contact with a minor.

This all came as a big shock, our two year old saw him arrested, he was bailed to another address (his mothers) and only allowed supervised contact.

Since then we’ve been kept in the dark a lot, only getting little bits passed back from family members and the odd phone call to the police.

I just found out that his bail is going to be extended for a further two months!!!

How do I deal with this! It’s so confusing and upsetting. He is adamant there is nothing else of concern that will be discovered but I just don’t know what do believe or do. Everyone is telling me to run, but it’s hard when my head and heart say different things. Please if anyone can offer any advice or support that would be greatly appreciated

Daddyof2

Re: Confused after husbands arrest

Post by Daddyof2 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:31 pm

Hi Kizzi.

What do you mean when you say engaging in sexual contact? Physical sexual abuse??

If so, I think you need to be incredibly careful in listening to what he has to say, as this would suggest he is dangerous and manipulative.

The police and CS will release bits of info as and when, and these things can take a long long time - an excruciating amount of time.

My thoughts are with you. Stay strong for the little one :(

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Confused after husbands arrest

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:36 pm

Kizzi680 wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 11:58 am Hi everyone, sorry if this is a long one, my head is all over the place.

So at the end of Feb, my husband was arrested for engaging in sexual contact with a minor.

This all came as a big shock, our two year old saw him arrested, he was bailed to another address (his mothers) and only allowed supervised contact.

Since then we’ve been kept in the dark a lot, only getting little bits passed back from family members and the odd phone call to the police.

I just found out that his bail is going to be extended for a further two months!!!

How do I deal with this! It’s so confusing and upsetting. He is adamant there is nothing else of concern that will be discovered but I just don’t know what do believe or do. Everyone is telling me to run, but it’s hard when my head and heart say different things. Please if anyone can offer any advice or support that would be greatly appreciated
Dear Kizzi680

Thank you for your post and welcome to the board.

From what you write, I imagine that children’s services in your area will become involved with you to ‘assess’ the situation. Working Together to Safeguard Children 2018 is a useful document to begin with. Do start reading from page 27.

You said that you have not yet had a great deal of information about the matter so at this point may I signpost you to Lucy Faithfull and to a programme run by the NSPCC called Women as Protectors.

Do post again with an update or if you would like to speak, in confidence, to one of our advisers do call our service on 0808 801 0366. The lines are open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 3.00pm.

Best wishes

Suzie