Can I send documents to the court without permission?

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:19 pm

Can I send documents to the court without permission?

Post by bobster » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:35 pm

My children live with me and have had no contact with their other parent for several years. The other parent has recently asked for contact and this is going through the courts.
The court directed that there should be letter box contact prior to supervised face to face contact.
One letterbox contact went OK but the children refused to attend the next one and I had to physically force them to go.
I can't get them to tell me why, so I have asked school to help the children to express their views by working with them on either a drawing or a poem, or some written work. I'd like to submit this to the court and to CAFCASS, who are already involved, but the court document I received contained this statement...
"No document other than a document specified in this order or delivered in accordance with the Rules or any Practice Direction shall be delivered by any party without the court's permission"

Does this mean that I
a) Need the permission of court to ask school to do this work and
b) if the work is done by school do I need to ask the permission of the court before I can send it to CAFCASS or anyone else involved?

I can't afford a solicitor as I'm on Universal Credit but I'm scared of doing the wrong thing and getting in trouble with the court.

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Can I send documents to the court without permission?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:51 pm

Dear Bobster

Thank you for your post. My name is Suzie and I am Family Rights Group’s online adviser. I advise parents who are involved with children’s services about the welfare or support needs of their children.

From the information provided, you are involved in a private law case with your ex-partner who is seeking contact with your children, who live with you. You are representing yourself in the case. Unfortunately, we do not advise on private law as this is outside our remit. However, I hope that you will be able to get advice, support, or information from the following organisations:

Child Law Advice – family law helpline 0300 330 5480 . They also provide email advice.

Support through court – practical help and emotional support (not legal advice). Their national helpline number is 0300 081 0006 and their national email address is :

Advice Now – guides to going to court without a lawyer and applying for a child arrangements order without a lawyer .

I hope this helps. If for any reason children’s services become involved with your family and you need any advice about this then please do get back in touch via this forum or our freephone advice line on 0808 8010366., Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm.

Best wishes


Post Reply

Who is online

In total there are 0 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 0 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 318 on Fri May 28, 2021 9:04 pm