Advice

Ditzy

Advice

Post by Ditzy » Thu Feb 17, 2022 4:42 pm

Hello I’m after advice I lost my children 8years ago due to being in a domestic violence relationship and not leaving him I have recently got my eldest back but he’s back with an attitude and I have social services on me again but have just recently found out I’m pregnant with a new person haven’t seen my ex for 8 years will having social services on me again with my eldest affect me being able to take this baby home???

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Advice

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:33 pm

Dear Ditzy,

Welcome to the parents’ forum and thankyou for your post. I am sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have experienced and hope that the following is helpful to you.

You say that children’s services are involved with your eldest child who has recently returned to your care however you don’t say exactly how they are involved. Is he under a child protection plan or a child in need plan perhaps?

It is possible that children’s services may decide to carry out a pre-birth assessment on your unborn baby which will aim to find out whether any extra support will be needed and whether the baby will be safe when it is born. If the assessment concludes that there is no risk of harm to the baby then there would be no need for children’s services to apply to court for the baby to be removed from your care.

However children’s services do need to be informed about your pregnancy because of the history of your previous children being removed. It is likely that the midwife would make a referral however as children’s services are already involved with you, I would encourage you to speak with the social worker as soon as possible to tell them that you are pregnant. Working openly and honestly with children’s services will give you the best chance of working in collaboration with them to show that you will be able to safely care for your baby.

I hope that this is of some help. Please post again if you would like any further advice or you can call our free confidential helpline on 0808 801 0366 (Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 3pm) to speak with an adviser.

Best wishes,
Suzie