Emergency Residency Order

strongman53

Emergency Residency Order

Post by strongman53 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:39 pm

Hello, what happens next please!
We have put in an emergency residential Order using C100. Court as replied stating ' will be referred to a Judge for allocation'.

thank you in advance.

Bossman1959

Re: Emergency Residency Order

Post by Bossman1959 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:54 pm

Hi, I am not a member of staff on here, however we did this last year and found that normally they will asses if it is an emergency based on the evidence supplied. As they are allocating to a judge it sounds as though they accept the urgency.

Hopefully the judge will agree and give you a temporary residence order, pending an Investigation. The other parent will be notified of a court date and be sent a copy of your statement for rebuttal. The next hearing I think is called a directions hearing where the judge will here both sides and ask for assessment by either social workers or CAFCAS officers. Who ever investigates will complete a report for the judge with recommendations. Should you or the other party disagree then unless there is a reason for the judge to change the emergency order it will Stand until a final hearing has been held.

Hope this helps.

strongman53

Post by strongman53 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:27 pm

Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:24 pm

Dear strongman53

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum and for your posts. My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group.

I see that you say in your earlier post that you applied to the court for a child arrangement order (you mentioned residential order) to be made as an emergency and you received a response from the court. Poster Bossman1959 offered you peer advice on what is likely to happen next.

In your most recent posts, you have asked specific questions about form C1A and a prohibited steps order.

Form C1A – this form is normally sent to the court with the C100 if the person applying wish to inform the court of any issues which are or pose a risk of harm to the child. For example, domestic violence in the home or to respond to allegations of domestic abuse made. It is a form for providing supplemental information to the court

Prohibited Steps Order (PSO)

This order is made when the court want to stop someone doing something. For example, if the court makes an order that a child remain in someone else’s care, then a PSO prevents a parent from removing the child from the person looking after the child or the school.

As the name suggests a PSO is an order that prohibits a particular action

You may find it helpful to contact Child Law Advice on 0300 330 5480. They offer advice where a person is involved in private law court proceedings and not represented by a solicitor. There is also useful information on their website.

I hope this is helpful

Best wishes

Suzie