Supervision Order

Goldensky1901

Supervision Order

Post by Goldensky1901 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:22 am

My daughter is on a supervisor order, both me and her dad have to do parenting assessments and psychological assessments. My daughter currently has 2 hour supervised visits at a contact centre with her dad. Her dad parenting assessments are going to be in the contact centre. I was wondering where would mine take place? its with a ISW. Some of the questions are relating to should my daughter remain in my care. Also does what takes within a psychological assessment? what questions do they ask? I'm feeling super anxious and worried

Thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Supervision Order

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:29 pm

Dear Goldensky1901,

Welcome to the parents’ forum and thankyou for your post. My name is Suzie and I will be replying to you today. I am sorry to hear what you are going through and how anxious and worried it is making you. I hope that the following advice is of some help.

You say that a parenting assessment is being completed and you ask where it will take place. I assume that your daughter is living at home with you? If she is then it would be usual practice for the independent social worker to visit you at home. They will probably do some visits just with you, when they will want to talk to you in depth about your parenting and the concerns that have led to children’s services involvement, and they will also visit you when your daughter is present to observe your interactions and relationship with her.

You say that you have also been asked to complete a psychological assessment. You would like to know what kind of questions you will be asked. I cannot tell you exactly what they might ask however below is a list of some of the things that they may wish to explore with you:
    1) How you are feeling now and how you have felt in the past.
      2) What sort of things have happened in your life, including when you were a child.
        3) Whether (with support or treatment) you will be able to make the sort of changes that might be necessary to help you look after your daughter better.
          4) Whether you can also make those changes quickly enough to meet the developmental needs of your daughter.

You can find more information about psychological assessments on our website here.

I hope that this is helpful. Please post again if you have any further queries, or you can call our free helpline on 0808 801 0366 (Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 3pm) to speak with an adviser.

Best wishes,
          Suzie