ICO EXTENSION

L2021

ICO EXTENSION

Post by L2021 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 11:05 pm

May 18th 2021 all 3 children removed due to DV and NAI to eldest. Left my relationship all 3 kids with Foster carers who are just amazing. Parenting assessment was tentative. Extension granted in Oct 2021. Final court hearing march 18th 2022 . I have a adumden Parenting assessment of 2 sessions . In order for my assessment to be positive I have to do a mother & baby course (completed) the freedom programme (completed) birth trauma which I start on the 5.1.22 and trauma counselling which I start end of Jan. Contact at centre is going amazing and Contact reports are no longer being filed to court. I also have contact every other Sunday with all 3 kids supported by 1 of the Foster carers so all looking good. I have my own place back in college etc social worker did a spot check and all good however at our last court hearing the court guardian wasn't to pleased that rehab back home had not been started and instructed that it happened before the final hearing in March however social worker is refusing to do so "just incase the judge says no" ... is there anything I can do about this , is rehab back home needed if not done before final hearing and why can't I shift this feeling I won't get them back even though I'm doing everything plus more... thank you

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: ICO EXTENSION

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:08 pm

Dear L2021

Welcome back to the parents’ forum and thank you for your post. I can see that you have made a number of positive changes since your last post, you have been working very hard to address the different areas of concern. An addendum to your parenting assessment is to be completed and there are two counselling support services due to start or which have recently started.

There appears to be some discrepancy between what the Children’s Guardian expects to happen (i.e. a plan for the children to be gradually rehabilitated home before the Final Hearing in March) and the social worker’s position (i.e. not to start this transition home until the Final Hearing).

I think you should check with :

i) Your solicitor – ask them to confirm what directions the court made in relation to this issue and what timescales apply. Also whether the addendum to the parenting assessment and the two outstanding elements need to be completed before the children start spending time at home or return home.

ii) Your social worker/their manager/the Independent Reviewing Officer – formally query in writing with the above too or check what was agreed at the most recent LAC review for your children.

Also make sure you know (check with your solicitor) what the proposed care plan is if you were not successful in having the children returned home to your care at the Final Hearing. Are there other family members who have been assessed as potential carers if necessary? Have you had a family group conference to explore how your network can support you to care for the children or to care for the children if you could not?

In the meantime, keep up the positive contact you are having with the children and the progress you are making. Continue with the new sessions you are having/due to have which I hope will be helpful to you. Look after yourself and make sure you have support around you also, if you can.

Please do post back if you need to or call the freephone advice line on 0808 8010366, Mon to Fri, 9.30 am to 3.00 pm (except bank holidays).

Best wishes

Suzie