Why is there no one to help

BKL567

Why is there no one to help

Post by BKL567 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:38 pm

I'm terrified about my boy in foster care. He's not eating, he's visibly depressed at age 6. Sore mouth and having flashes of anger and repeatedly saying sorry. This is torture! This is criminal abuse allowed under UK law and as his mother I am powerless to help him. How is this even legal. Accused of neglect yet no proof or evidence. My child is my life and this is trauma. Why is there no one to help us. I'm terrified for him. My boy needs his mummy ☹️

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Why is there no one to help

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:54 pm

Dear BKL 567

I see that there was a response (30 December) to your post of 22 December which I think covers the issues in this later post.

As you have concerns for your son, it is important that you bring these to the social worker allocated to your case. Alternatively, you can contact the social worker’s team manager or the independent reviewing officer (IRO) so that your concerns can be investigated.

You are now in care proceedings so can inform your solicitor of the concerns you have and he or she will be able to, if necessary, bring this to the attention of children’s services, the children’s guardian and the court. It is important that you show you understand the reasons that led to your son being removed from your care and how best you can work to improve the situation by working with children’s services or other agencies to which you may be referred.

Here are links to guides on our website about working with social workers and working with solicitors which you may find helpful

I suggest you read the response to your previous post. You can, of course, telephone Family Rights Group free and confidential advice line to speak to an adviser. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays).

Best wishes

Suzie